“Amazing!!!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited this pizzeria on a Tuesday afternoon and walked right in without a wait. My family is Italian and grew up in a Sicilian neighborhood...I've eaten a lot of pizza in my life...but this pizzeria is superior. The ingredients are absolutely fresh and generous. We had the mushroom pizza and their specialty white clam pizza loaded with lots of garlic. The tomato sauce was also fresh and delicious. The coal pizza oven allows them to provide you with a pizza that has a thin crust that is plenty crunchy and chewy. I highly recommend this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,484)

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our son recommended Frank Pepe's Pizzeria. He tried the clam pizza while here last fall so naturally we had that one as well. Really, really good! The house salad was very good also.. We would go back for sure if ever in the area again..

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We usually squeeze in a visit to Pepe's Pizza and this time I was a tad less excited when we left. The wait was organized and went quickly but the pizza itself was not as good as it was the last time. The pizza with blue cheese was amazing but the basic sausage pizza lacked flavor. Of course, since it's Pepe's, will try again just because of the history.

1  Thank jolie2012
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Frank Pepe's Pizzeria Napoletana certainly is very popular. At 2 pm Sunday afternoon there was a long line to get in. We ate at the annex next door. The service was good and the huge "large" pizza came quickly. Pepe's prides itself on coal oven cooked pizza. The crust was overdone and tough. The pizza tasted okay but was at best average. I've had much better pizza elsewhere in the Country.

1  Thank jnichols
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stopped by during the week, at about 1:30 for lunch. I had always heard that it was the very best pizza in CT, so we waited for about 25 min. We were finally seated and ordered a clam pizza. The pizza arrived with a good portion of the crust burnt, and clams that were extremely chewy. I am used to pizza much better than this (including other so-call authentic recipes) and definitely do not plan on rushing back. (As an aside, we were recently at the Mohegan Sun and my husband asked if I wanted to eat at the Frank Pepe's there; I love pizza but don't get to have it too often, and I said NO--that should put this in perspective!)