“Our new favorite in town!”

Roia Restaurant and Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Roia Restaurant and Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 575 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stumbled upon Roia by accident.We were on the way to another resturant and noticed this place that we have never been to, and saying to ourself why not! That was the beginning of our loyalty to a superb establishment. We try to have different dishes everytime we go and, boy they are all so delicious! Rich in flavor, freshness burst in your mouth, and we always find nice surprises. Not to mention they have the greatest service staff in town, pleasant, helpful and very patient, they make us feel like million bucks! And oh, do amire the ambience, classy, elegant, simple and chic! a delightful place for a dinner or Sunday brunch! BF and I are foodie and could be picky and we are so very happy that we have discovered our new favorite place. You must try and look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food was outstanding. We experienced many items from the menu, and every dish was great. I loved the old word style décor. The staff couldn't have been move helpful and accommodating. Save room for dessert, it's equally as good as the main course. We need to keep restaurants like this in New Haven. Absolutely a gem.

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The food, service was great. The noise was another matter. It was difficult for our party of four to have a conversation. Lots of 'what, excuse me, etc,'. Hopefully they will do something about the acoustics. Despite the quality of the food, the noise could be a deterrent.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Been wanting to check out this restaurant. I wondered who had the guts to open a resturant in downtown new haven where soo many have failed and with soo much competition.

Finally, I went with a friend to check it out and I was not impressed.

First, the decor feels cold and uninviting.

Secondly, It actually took quite a while to get the food out.

The portions are tiny This is a resturant you would not come to if you're very hungery and are looking for a filling meal. The prices are high in the mid to high 20s and 30s for a very small entre.

I had the duck and I could've created something more tender and flavorful by buying packaged turkey in the market.

It tauts itself as high-end dining but in my opinion it's not worth the price. I don't want to offend the owners/people in charge of Roia but if they read this maybe serve as constructive critisism. I do not wish any business or resturant bad luck so hopefully it can catch itself before it becomes just another failed New haven restaurant.

1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just wandered in because I felt like pasta and it was nearby my hotel. What a surprise! Great service - very friendly (not always the case when I dine alone). The restaurant was nearly full, but the service didn't suffer and I wasn't rushed. The menu is a little limited, but creative. A few unusual twists - I recommend the mushroom carpaccio. The pasta I had (papperdelle) was fresh and flavourful and served hot. Very comfortable atmosphere and not too expensive. I will eat here again the next time I'm in town.