“The usual Lenny and Joe's but in a different location”

Lenny and Joe's Fish Tale
Ranked #23 of 575 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lenny & Joe's Fish Tale at Long Wharf is a fresh, fun and casual family restaurant going strong since 1979! As we enter our 35th year of business let us show your why our promise to our customers is still our number one commitment - • to serve only the finest, freshest seafood available • to give generous portions • to provide prompt friendly service • to keep our prices reasonable. Come check out our newest location which features a large outdoor deck with the finest waterfront dining in New Haven with breathtaking views of Long Island Sound! We also have a huge bar which features scenic views. Our main dining rooms have floor to ceiling windows so no one ever has to worry about having an obstructed view! Here at Lenny & Joe's Fish Tale ever view is a water view! Come visit our bar Monday-Friday from 4:00PM to 7:00PM for the best happy hour specials on Long Wharf and in New Haven! Are you planning an event or a private party, don't forget to ask about our private upstairs banquet room available for all of your party planning needs! We look forward to seeing you soon!! From Everyone at Lenny & Joe's Fish Tale at Long Wharf New Haven
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Beautiful views, accommodating wait staff, reasonable size portions at a reasonable price. About what you would expect from the Lenny and Joe team. My luncheon combo of calamari and fried oysters was served hot accompanied by their very good cole slaw. A choice of salt potatoes, French fries or rice was offered. I do remember the days 4 salt potatoes came on the plate; nowadays only 3. My friend had the lobster roll and found it satisfactory. A couple of problems need to be addressed. One it was a chilly day and maybe it was just where we were seated, but it was cold and drafty. Two, the bartender shucking clams and oysters needed to pull back her long hair or wear a net. I had visions of strands of hair scattered on the plate being prepared.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went to Lenny & Joe's latest restaurant located on the Quinnipiac River in New Haven Harbor and was not disappointed! Even though the restaurant was packed and we had to wait, it didn't take long before we were seated and enjoying great, fresh seafood. I had the fried shrimp dinner and my hubby had the fried whole clam dinner and both had ample seafood and were perfectly done without being greasy. My daughter-in-law had the scallop casserole which was brimming with scallops and my granddaughter had the children's cod dinner which was also done to perfection. I am definitely going back to sample more fresh seafood, both raw and cooked, and will go back when the weather is warmer, so that I may enjoy the great view of New Haven from the outside deck.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a good time,first time in new haven our daughter is starting nhu in sept. I read the other reviews,I guess it is what you order......lobster roll-awesome. Fish & chips-good........fried shrimp-calamari-fries--awesome!!!!! I will definitely be back and would reccomend this place!!!!!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you plannning on going to Lenny and Joe's, and ordering whole belly clams don't!! I did , and was totally diappointed!. There was so much coating on the the clams , (and being over fried), that instead of tasting the clam, (whole belly is more expensive than strips), it was like eating crunchy clam strips, just terrible!!! Their hot dogs are not split, and our tasteless. Our bill for lunch was $51.00.. It was a waste of money!!! Will not be returning!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

L&J has a good lobster roll and decent clam roll. Make sure you get whole clams & NOT the strips. I strongly suggest checking out the Daily Specials- you will save a few bucks. Nothing Fancy but worth the drive...