“Loved our surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My boss and I were on a road trip from NJ to Rhode Island. Along the way we randomly selected New Haven as our area for dinner..we had no idea where to go or what we wanted. We pulled into an area with a lot of restaurants. I immediately saw Basta's sign ....suggested we stop in. What a great idea !! We had the Best meal !!! I had Sunday dinner and would have it again !! Sausage, meatballs, sauce and pasta ! The meatball was to die for ! I loved the bread and the Caesar salad was amazing also. My boss had a Bronzino fish dish that he raved about for 2 days straight. I'm so happy we stopped here and found our treasure. The best things in life are unplanned !!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm a great fan of all seafood and make cioppino & other fish stews. The Zuppa di Pesce is amazing---all super fresh abundant shellfish prepared spot on. My husband had the Italian Sunday Dinner which he also enjoyed---meatballs, eggplant, etc. Bar cocktails were also great. Too bad we were too full for dessert :(

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The decor and appearance are wonderful food was a little pricy but worth the money. The restaurant is so small so its impossible not to get good service.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We celebrated a family birthday at this restaurant recently. It is very small - I think we may have been the only table for 6 that evening but the food was incredible. The polenta over San Marzano sauce with grated cheees and drizzled with white truffle sauce was so good as an appetizer for several of us to share. We just finished the leftovers from the Penne Fagioli (so good - huge portion!) and Pollo Paulino last night and they were as good as the first tasting! The service was very good and although the restaurant is small I did not feel crowded. Well worth a visit. Because it is small - reservations are definitely recommended if not required for weekends.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a gem of a restaurant!
This is a very tiny establishment, so make sure you make a reservation. I really felt like I was in Italy, it was warm, cramped and noisy but the food was just amazing! The staff were so attentive and friendly.
A Plus!