“Really good cuban food”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great atmosphere, perfect for a romantic date. I had the carne asada with sweet plantains....very well cooked. Great taste!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stopped in here after work. Ordered the steak. Loved it! Not too many ppl as it was a little before 5 but you couldnt tell by the waitstaff. They where fun, energetic, and I really enjoyed the conversations. The food looked so good I had to take a pic! lol Overall chill spot and will definitely be going back soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

It was odd that when we arrived the restaurant was nearly empty and the lighting was intensionally exceptionally dingy. We were in the middle of another snow storm so it was nice to find something still open on a Sunday night. Our waitress was exceptionally friendly and also took on bar tender duties. Her classic mojitos tasted great. I ordered mango chicken, while the others in my party got everything from Veggy tofu to Lechon Asado. The Tostones appetizer was really crunchy and filling. This is only the second time I have visited a Cuban restaurant in town so it is tough to compare which one was better. We ended with Classic Flan, Mango Sorbet and Tres Leches cake and all of us were totally content, not necessarily with the quality but the quantity we were served. It is also fun trying different things and I must say we did leave content.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food was delicious, fresh, and priced reasonably. The service was great! We will most definitely be returning for special occasions!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Zafra is not an authentic Cuban restaurant and the quality of food was poor. Our experience was so contrary to what people wrote (on Tripadvisor) about this establishment, that I have to wonder who is doing the reviewing. We had two main issues at Zafra. The quality of the food preparation was poor and the food was not real Cuban cuisine. To make matters worse, we were given an incredibly bad table although the restaurant was almost empty and few people showed up while we were there. I asked for other tables and was flatly turned down. We had a reservation. On to the food. We ordered an appetizer (the Sampler) which was very good. My husband is Cuban and we are very familiar with Cuban food from various restaurants and cooking at home. Things went downhill at the entrees. Parts of our dishes were undercooked, flat out cold, and lacked any seasoning. The black beans seemed like they were dumped from a can onto our plates. The rice was disappointing. My Picadillo tasted like ground beef with tomato sauce. The Yuca was not cooked completely. If this restaurant charged less for their food and the Tripadvisor ratings were not as good, we might have had less trouble with this experience. The quality of the food was very substandard any way you look at it, Cuban food or not. There were none of the traditional seasonings one would expect in Cuban food. Either the chef was having a really bad day or the place is greatly overrated. Our bill was about $60.00 with one appetizer and no drinks. We enjoyed the food at Pollo Tropical more than this place. Zafra seems like a place to go drink as much as a place to eat a meal. We can't comment on the drinks.

1  Thank mkayhunt