“Good noodles for a good price”

York St. Noodle House
Ranked #76 of 634 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed February 10, 2019

I've been to a few noodle shops between CT & NY and I have to say that I like this place. I had the ramen, which was as close to my spicy threshold as I've been without going beyond it. There is indoor and outdoor seating, both of which I've tried and I like the upstairs indoor seating over the outdoor. The prices are very reasonable as well. I definitely plan on going back there whenever I'm in the area.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed January 8, 2019

I tried the Noodle House for the first time recently and was very disappointed with how bland the dumpling soup was. I was provided with two different hot sauces which I added to the soup for some flavor, and I added soy sauce liberally as well, but the net result was still a largely flavorless soup. I'd still be willing to try something else on the menu another time in case this was a one-off, but if I had to judge based on this experience alone, I would not recommend it.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2019

TONS of options, and almost all of them are around $10. I had a bubble tea and a huge bowl of noodle soup and it was $11!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

I love their bubble tea. The dim sum is small servings, but all their other dishes come with almost too much food. The staff isn’t the most attentive and it can be hard to get a table, but I do like eating here. The price of the food is very reasonable, especially considering the portion sizes of everything except the dim sum

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Was convinced to go "because its so good". Upstairs looks different and would be an interesting place to get a meal but they were busy and we got seated in the basement. The basement looks and smells like a basement. The restroom has mold from prior leaks on the ceiling. So getting out of the gate this is not what you want to experience when dining out. Strike one.

Batting 1,000 but not in a good way. The water glasses came. On the under side of each glass (3 for 3) there was visible mold and dirt. We we're given chop sticks that showed visible signs of usage by others. Thank goodness they also provide forks. When the food came the bowls and spoons were chipped and the outside of my daughter's bowl was unclean. Visually not what one wants to see at any restaurant. Strike two,

The food was just OK. Nothing special and no great flavors. The noodles were no better than noodles from the store. Strike three.

I'm outta there and won't be back.

Date of visit: March 2018