“An excellent tour of the State street area of New Haven (Goatville)”
Review of Taste of New Haven

Taste of New Haven
Ranked #1 of 1 Food & Drink in New Haven
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take a Taste of New Haven! Connecticut’s premiere culinary and leisure activity offers residents and tourists alike a one-of-a-kind cultural adventure. We run group and private walking tours, biking tours, cooking classes, food festivals, galas, history and architecture tours! -Corporate Events -Birthday Parties -Bachelorette Parties -School Groups -Senior Centers -Team Building -Conference Groups -Food Festivals -Happy Hour Crawls -Gala Events
Naugatuck, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An excellent tour of the State street area of New Haven (Goatville)”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Last Saturday we had an opportunity to join the Taste of New Haven food and drinking tour, led by Colin, the firm's owner. This was our first time but won't be our last. We had pizza & beer in Modern Pizza, light lunch in Christopher Martin's Rest and Mexican samplers and Tequila in the Mezcal Rest. A great way to spend a Saturday. We and plan to participate in the other New Haven tours.
Thanks Colin

Visited June 2013
1 Thank walter s

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“What an AMAZING tour!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I cannot recommend this company or its owner enough!
Let me start as I do with all my other reviews with a context outline... So my dad LOVES cooking and food and food history etc. So as a gift for his big 5-0, my mom decided to whisk him away on a culinary adventure and since she also surprised him (and my sister and myself) with tickets to a show at Foxwoods, we decided that CT would be a great place to do the food tour and be able to stay close for our show later in the day. We hit a bit of a snag in our plans when we looked up that there is no general tours on the dates we needed, but when I contacted Colin the owner - he saved the day and we were able to arrange for a private tour for our group.

I learned something amazing that day - New Haven Pizza is simply the best! Pair that with some mind blowing beer and its a culinary festival in your mouth.

You go to several places including a winery ( we actually had asked Colin not to tell us where we were going so we could be surprised at every stop - corny but it was more fun that way!), a local American fusion type of place and other stops.

Besides the food, we got to discover the historical treasure that is New Haven - SO MANY FIRSTS happened here and it seems Colin knows about all of them!

Conclusion: If you are in the area- highly highly recommend! Thank You Colin!

One word of warning: Wear comfortable shoes, you will be walking around for a good 4 hours (with breaks but still quiet a walk).

Visited May 2013
1 Thank NYRussian
Hamden, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a great way to spend a Sunday touring New Haven”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic tour of downtown restuarants and sites. We had great food and drinks all included, Wow. Natalie was a wealth of knowledge concerning restaurants and historical sites. What a great way to learn about places in New Haven. We live 25 minutes away and didn't know much about were to go, now we do.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Geoff_Debbie
Middletown, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do you like awesome?”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been on every tour taste of new haven has offered and i have never been disappointed! I orginally found them on a groupon deal, loved the tour so much that I came again and again bringing different family and friends. Family and friends have brought their family and friends...its contagious. On every tour I have Iearned about the history of the area and even more about the food. It is a great way to try different food and you will find so many locations you want to go back to visit again. Colin is a wonderful tour guide. He is so knowledgeable and friendly. I can't recommend these tours enough. Bring some friends and have some fun!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Andrea B
Hartford, Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“New Haven Theater Tour-Fun and very informative”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Last Saturday we had an opportunity to join the Taste of New Haven food and drinking tour, led by Colin, the firm's owner. We have done such tours all around the world, and his program excellent, greatly informed by his years of study of New Haven, and complemented by great food we had along the way. As the tour participants all voiced similar satisfaction with the tour, even on a cold Saturday evening, we are glad to have this local attraction, and plan to participate on the other New Haven tours. Thanks

Visited January 2013