Days Inn New Haven
  • Room Service
$152
$144
Hotels.com
New Haven Hotel(New Haven)
$242
$173
Agoda.com
$152
New Haven Inn(New Haven)
$59
Agoda.com
ArtLab Metro 280(New Haven)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswyndham rewardsdunkin donuts next doormini fridgeyale universitymotelproximityconvenience
Reviewed May 19, 2012

A little out of the way of downtown New Haven, but is a clean, updated Days Inn with courteous and helpful staff. Couldn't use the microwave as it didn't reach the plug and couldn't move it as it was bolted to the fridge but for a 1 night stay not really a big deal. Dunkin Donuts is next door for the early morning cup of Joe and the usual selection of fast food places to eat, with Walgreens and Walmart just across the road.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
nirav p, Front Office Manager at Days Inn New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear that you liked the service and staff. I do apologize for the the microwave issue. The rooms don't have that many electric outlets because it use to be a Motel 6 and they are not required to place microwaves in their rooms, in order for the guest to use the microwave we did place a extension cord in each room. I am sorry that your room was missing a cord, if you had called down to the front office one of our lovely staff would of gladly solved the problem for you. However I am glad to hear everything else was good for you.

I do hope you come and stay with us again.

Thank You.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I was skeptical about staying at this property based on the location and how the property looked on the outside. But I decided to just stay one night instead of two. I really wanted to like this property but it just not what I'm used to.

Pros:
Staff was friendly
Location is not bad especially if you just want a place to lay your head.
Room was comfortable
Internet access was a good speed

Cons:
Housekeeping did not pay attention to detail because someone's used washcloth was hanging on the shower rod.
You have to request an iron and ironing board from the front desk.
Iron was old, beat up, and scorched on the bottom.
Ironing board was a small table top board.

I'm glad I chose not to stay the second night. There is a reason why the rate for me was $55.00 and all the other hotels were $135 and up. The lighting in the room is relatively dark due to the color scheme. When you combine the feel of the room and the low budget approach to the guests (i.e. having requesting irons) it doesn't make you want to return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
nirav p, Front Office Manager at Days Inn New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your us. I am also sorry that you don't think we are a place for business folks. We do get lot of companies sending their employees to us because they don't want to pay the $135 rate .

The hotel was built in the early 80's and it used to be a Motel 6, so that's why the building looks like that. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to do building from outside. However many guest love the little flower islands around the hotel and the rocks.Every your we try to do something new with the landscape. We actually get couples that sometimes take pictures in the back where there are 2 big stones. As for the color scheme in the room we decided to try something new when we painted the rooms, when it was motel 6 all the rooms were white.

I do apologize for the towel that was left behind. As for the iron board, I am sorry that it was inconvenience for you, however we do have them at the front desk and our staff would be more then happy to bring one down to you anytime you need one. Remember certain budget hotels like our selves don't have irons for guest.

We do have a renovation plan schedule that will start soon, which will bring in new flat screen television, gym and business suites for our business guest.

I do hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

management is extremely rude and unprofessional. we had four guests stay in a two bed suit and they only give three towels. we stayed for a couple of days and every night we asked for an extra towel, they were very rude and reluctant to give it to us. in the morning for breakfast, the kitchenette area was very disgusting with crumbs and such all over the place and three out of the four days we stayed there, we woke up early at around 8:30 or so to make use of the continental breakfast and there was basically nothing in the racks but a sad amount of dry donuts. juice machines also ran out of concentration and when requested to put more concentration in the machine, management was slow in doing so.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank elen_ex
nirav p, Front Office Manager at Days Inn New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you had few issues during your stay with us. We try our best to make sure each and every guest is satisfied with their stay. However, like any human we do make mistakes sometimes. However its our goal to learn from our mistakes and make sure it doesn't happen again.

I do apologize for the towel situation, all our rooms in the hotel have 3 towels. We go by the Days Inn standards and they require us to place 3 big towels in the room. However, it only takes a second to call the front desk and someone from the staff will gladly give you a towel. Our maids don't have the same rooms each day so the new maid coming on might not be familiar with your room.

As for the breakfast all Days Inn's orders from the same venders, I am shocked to hear that when you went down around 8:30 a.m. that there was no breakfast left, because majority of the times we don't get breakfast traffic coming in until almost 9:00 a.m. and half the times we don't get anyone just one or two people and also our breakfast doesn't start until 7a.m.. Also for the crumbs I do apologize for that but because we are a economy chain and our breakfast is meant to be on the go. It's the morning clerk's responsibility to make sure that the breakfast area is clean and re-stocked. They usually are really good and on top of things, but sometimes the front desk agent does get busy with other things, like checking out guest, taking reservations and might take them few seconds before they can re-stock and clean up the area but they are always on top of it. If you stay at any economy chain hotels like Days Inn, Super 8, Econo Lodge, Knights Inn you will notice that the front desk clerk who is working the morning shift is usually in charge of re-stocking and cleaning the breakfast area. Hotels that have hot breakfast will have a extra person on duty, because of safety reason. So that person will be in charge of cleaning the area and re-stocking. There are trash cans provided in the breakfast area and it would be nice if guest could clean up after themselves, but sometimes we do get few guest that will not throw away their trash, but our lovely front desk staff will take care of it.

One thing that I didn't get was, how was the staff and management extremely rude to you? From your complain there doesn't seem any evidence the staff was rude.

I do hope you give us another chance to fix the few minor issues that happened during your stay.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

My stay at this hotel was very pleasent. The staff was nice and helpful. Great value at this hotel. Also, they offer wyndham rewards which is a plus on business travel or leasure. I definitely recommend this place!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Our stay in this hotel, Days Inn in foxon Blvd. New Haven, CT was HORRIBLE! My son and I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights; July 2 thru 6, 2011. I was very disappointed on the services thaye have. For the first two nights, I had wi-fi for my iPad, then after that the wi-fi was gone. On the 4th of July the housekeepers didn't clean our room, nor change our beddings, no clean towels, garbage was not collected, no clean disposable cups, and no coffee for the coffeemaker in our room. I found that out when we came back that night, so I went to the fron desk and informed the receptionist. The guy named Rocky said that "it was fourth of July (a holiday) and some housekeepers didn't come for work that day". My point is, even if it's a holiday they should have asked some maids to come and work because the hotel has customers for that day. Common sense! Maybethe hotel didn't want to pay "time and a half" for those will work that day. He apologized for that and I asked him to just give me two sets of clean towels, garbage cans liners, clean cups, and coffee for two people. For the next two nights of our stay, yes they cleaned our room but they didn't provide us anymore with coffee for the coffee maker, I didn't ask anymore, instead I got my coffee from Dunkin' Doughnuts located next to the hotel. (I am a coffee drinker). I found bugs every morning crwling on a floor and a spider crawling on a wall. Very disgusting! I just wanted to get out of that hotel and write my review when I get back to Chicago.
The reason why we stayed here because it's only mile and half away from where my niece lives.
I hope the manager and staff of this hotel will read this review because they reall7y need to improve the service their offering to customers. They need to take care of the customers needs for we DID NOT stay there for FREE! I paid $413.95 and I didn't get the the services they have been offering. Don't mislead your customers, Days Inn. By the way we stayed in room 130.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
nirav p, General Manager at Days Inn New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

I am really sorry to hear about all your complains, durring your stay. As for 4th of July, all of our maids were on duty, no one had the day off in the cleaning staff. However you had your Do not Disturb sign on few times during your stay that is why your room was not cleaned. If a guest has a Do not disturb sign on the door, maids will not go into the room. As for the coffee, we have no problem providing guest with extra coffee, all they have to do is either call front desk or come up and get it. As for your other complain about internet access, yes at first when you log on it is slow in the starting, but during your stay we had no internet complain. Also about the bugs, during your stay you never mentioned it to the front desk, if you had we would of changed your room, we would of never made you stay in the same room. However, I do appologize for the issues you had during your stay and I do hope you give us one more chance, but please next time if you have any issues contact the front desk right away at any hotel.