“Disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Soup and cocktails fine. Dinner not good and not worth it. Steak tips very fatty and rissoto way I’ve salted and weirdly spiced. Table service clueless. Didn’t clear. Just bad.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

A friend told me this was a great place to take a date..... well it was a nice day venting and we sat outside and talked which was nice. The cocktail was excellent and the server was timely but downhill from the cheese plate was painfully small, salad dressing too salty, margarita pizza was gross made with essentially grated Parmesan and salt, salmon was in a bowl of salty broth with essentially no side veggie except for a few random strands of small merging green in fish broth. The price for this quality of food was absurd. $90 for this only one alcoholic bev and a ginger ale
Time for a reboot or shutter the doors!

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank DrRLB
Reviewed August 19, 2018

One of my original favorite places to eat in New Haven, after years it's time to do some deep cleaning. Booths have cushions that have probably not been replaced since the beginning. When moved there is plenty of old, dry food underneath... Not a great impression, especially that prices are at the low.
Food was disappointing, except for the fries that were great. Cocktails, as expected, very good; service attentive, professional and pleasant.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Great staff... food just OK... booths cuzzy...
Drinks were excellent...
Waiter excellent...

The 3 of us ordered hambergers Medium Rare... presentation was good... Hamberger seared on the outside... meet inside was cold and raw... indicates the kitchen isn't working properly.

The entire interior is getting real old and is in need of updating... The booths especially should be torn out and redone... cuzzy/dirty... put a damper on the dinner.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Very slick upscale modern minimalist style - the booth cubbys gave me a bit of a clockwork orange vibe. Long table that connects to the bar is a lit from below onyx slab that you can sit on both sides on - great for couples or groups.

We were given a menu of drinks - my bourbon & whiskey friends were well represented and thrilled with their options. I am more of a gin gal so had to read though a few times and settled on the glitterati which was lovely but next time I will try the Aviator or the Gray Lady. The mixologist did come and try to help me pick. He was very knowledgeable about spirits.

We didn't eat but may next time since the bar snacks looked yummy. Would definitely return with my SO to have a drink after dinner in town.

So I have one issue - you have a beautiful space, thoughtful lighting design, gorgeous looking cocktails but the whole thing is cheapened by... basic doilies? Really? If you guys are charging $15 a cocktail please get doilies that match the vibe of the place - maybe even custom doilies without lace that clashes completely with the carefully curated atmosphere. I was so annoyed by the doily my pal took one home to bother me with at a later date.

Date of visit: October 2017