“Tasty South Indian Vegetarian”
Review of Thali Too

Thali Too
Ranked #185 of 575 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice in the past week, and loved it. We love Indian food, but prefer South Indian, which seems harder to find. The folks here are friendly, the service is good, the food is great, and there is a nice selection on the menu. We ate a late lunch on a weekday, and the Sunday brunch. Most of the food is spicy, but we did find a few things for our little daughter to eat, as well.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

When we go we always go for a buffet as you can probably order the whole menu and taste everything. The food is ok but you can try different dishes. The ambience is nice and the place is kid friendly.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just coming back after dinner at Thali Too with my wife. I know we went in pretty late but that is not an excuse for some very ordinary food. Being a South Indian and knowing the taste of most of the authentic South Indian delicacies, I was extremely disappointed with the sambar vada they offered. The poori and sabji had the taste of tomato sauce written all over it. Veg pulav was ok and the panner dish had a nice flavor to it. But close to $50 for two for an inferior quality food is unacceptable. Totally. Won't be back for sure.

1  Thank Flavorable
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am an Indian and this was my first time at an Indian restaurant in US and after having gone to various Indian Resto's in US, this is by far the best Indian rest. Its the closest you can have to Indian food. They have amazing masala dosa's,chole bhature and desserts. Mango kulfi is to die for. The usual North Indian fare is great too. The menu is extensive and the quality of food very superior along with reasonable prices. What more could you want ! :) I cant wait to try the lunch buffet on my next visit to New haven.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My 2 friends and I had the most delightful time with host and waiter Kumar. Not only did he explain the menu but he did a great job finding something my spice-sensitive friend could eat. The waitstaff was always around the corner (for water, which is a pet peeve of mine if not filled) but not intrusive. The menu was fun and varied. The place had nice decor and a quiet mid-week atmosphere. I think the biggest plus is that this service is what you would want at any restaurant but hardly get! The dosa was cool (for those of us never have eaten one) to feast upon.