The Study at Yale
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Duncan Hotel(New Haven)
  • Restaurant
New Haven Hotel(New Haven)
  • Restaurant
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale(New Haven)
  • Room Service
Econo Lodge(West Haven)
Regal Inn(New Haven)
Atlantic Motel(New Haven)
View Hotel
All reviewsheirloom restaurantchapel streetboutique hotelfree coffee in the lobbyfarm to tablevalet parkinglarge windowscomfy chairsplace to staysmall hotelcomfortable lobbyart museumroom servicewonderful hotelfront desk staffstreet noisethe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Spectacular service, food, ambiance. A wonderful and welcome addition to New Haven. As I drove up looking for the hotel, I was directed to a private garage, helped out of the car and welcomed into the hotel. As I entered the beautiful lobby, I was personally greeted by staff who directed me to the front desk and elevator to The Study on the 7th floor for a private party. As I stepped off the elevator, I was enthralled with the beauty of the room and magnificent vista of New Haven, particularly the Yale University campus. The food and service were spectacular. The wonderful leather chairs swiveled to take in the break taking views of New Haven as the sun was setting. The hotel rooms were beautiful; quiet, private, contemporary and sophisticated. The bathrooms were spotless and the bathtub was a "deep pool". The privacy glass on the bathroom door and personal amenities were a delight. The pinstripe robes were an added treat. This is THE hotel to stay at when coming to New Haven for a personal "get away weekend" or to visit Yale. Everything about the hotel was warm and inviting. Even the hotel staff bragged about being able to work here and how they were treated as employees. So, what goes around comes around. That is, the new owner treats his employees royally and the employees treat hotel guests as royalty. My experience here was beyond my expectations in quality, sophistication, and service. This hotel has transformed the neighborhood and is just steps away from Yale University and the hospital. FIVE STARS and more!

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank GreenwichMD
Reviewed April 29, 2009

The rooms are large, wonderfully designed and well thought out on the edge of Yale. Long desk width of room by window. Plug ins for all. Bottled water (not PC but nice) . good blinds Great toiletries in bathroom (only a shower so a bit of a negative if you prefer baths which I don't ). Wonderful roomy design.
Staff were very friendly.
The only negative involved the restaurant shere there seemed to be a disconnect. We had breakfast included but they only allowed $14 pp which could would not get you the bacon and eggs construct your own breakfast and a coffee ($15pp). If you went for healthier choices (muesli, yogourt and a coffee was $18) breakfast was not covered. In addition breakfast was very slow to arrive.
Outrageous Long distance charges so be careful.
If you stay away from breakfast (I would go elsewhere) and don't call long distance, you will have a wonderful stay (they did reverse my LD charges however which I appreciated).
Good restaurants along Chapel within very easy walking distance so no need to eat at restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I stayed here during a one day whirlwind trip to New Haven and was delighted. My room was on the top floor and had a lovely view overlooking the Yale campus. The rooms are good for relaxing, working and sleeping. The service was impeccable -- I thought I had lost something in my room and even after I had checked out they called me to say they had not found it, a nice touch -- and all the furnishings from the leather reading chair to the cup of pencils were understated elegance.

This is the fanciest hotel I have probbaly ever stayed in and so it took a little getting used to. No coffee machine in the room, but a nice cafe in the lobby. Guys who open the doors for you. Jazz music softly playing in the lobby. I had work to do and so I found the desk, desk light, comfy desk chair and free and simple wireless to be incredibly useful.

Every detail in these rooms speaks to someone's excellent design sense and thoughtfulness: the tiled shower in the bathroom; the makeup/shaving mirror; the robes; the little soaps that say "wash"; the blackout curtains that actually work to keep the room dark.

I really hope this hotel ages well, I'd love to stay in it every time I come back to New Haven.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jessamyn
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Check in was quick and easy, room was spacious and clean. Staff was friendly and accomodating. We didn't do the valet service but since we were there over the weekend parking on the street was free. The signs said that on Saturday you had to pay for certain hours but the staff said weekends were usually ok and we were fine. The hotel is located right in the middle of everything so we never had to use the car after we parked. The fitness center is small but they have complimentary head phones and water. Great free jazz at Cafe Nine Saturday afternoon, the Thai place next to the hotel has great lunch and lunch specials, and Scoozi down the block was a great dinner. We didn't get to eat at the restaurant in the hotel but it looked good. All in all an overall awesome stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Me and my wife stayed at the Study Hotel in New Haven CT and it was truly amazing! New Haven has needed an upscale hotel like this for soooo many years. The lobby and restaurant areas have hardwood floors, comfortable furniture, great music throughout the hotel. The restaurant Heirloom has a great bar and the food was super. My hotel room was super clean and it was just clean all together, very clean line look. The beds are sooo comfortable, the marble bathrooms were a great eye opener. The shower was big enough to have a party in it with great water pressure. The wireless internet was great (unlike the Omni New Haven, I used to stay there), you can use the free wireless or plug into a secured connection at the working desk in the room. Room Service was on time and the food was hot. Housekeeping takes extra time cleaning the rooms AND they change their comforters on the beds each time a guest checks out (UNLIKE A LOT OF OTHER HOTELS..U all know what Im talking about)..AND the rate was less than Omni Hotels, which it what I needed since money is very tight for me this year! I would totally recommend this hotel is any and anyone travelling to New Haven!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple