“Customers for life”
Review of The Study at Yale

The Study at Yale
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Everyone in this place seems to go out of their way to make your stay a great experience.
Attentive, friendly, customer driven. Excellent value for the money.
They may need to work a bit on their door/valet staff. Had to go looking for them each time we needed to get our car, but even hen, they were courteous and prompt.
I don't plan to even consider any other alternatives as we return here several times a year to visit our students at Yale.
Book early. They fill up fast!

There are newer reviews for The Study at Yale

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel is stylish and well designed. Everything from valet parking, check in and checking out was smooth. Very welcoming staff, helpful. Our two double bed room was gorgeous, the amenities were very nice, we weren't expecting such a standard. Small gripe though: rooms on Chapel Street are kinda noisy, try get one that looks over Campus. Beds were delightfully comfortable.
Another gripe was breakfast: service was slow and the food wasn't particularly good or interesting, even though our waitress was friendly.
It is a good twenty minute walk to get to the Yale Undergraduate Admissions Office but it is a pleasant walk. Other features aren't far away.
Overall, there isn't much to complain about this place, the price is reasonable.
I can only recommend to go Study at Yale !

Room Tip: Get a view on campus!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Great location, in the middle of Yale. Excellent design. Spacious rooms with large windows, practically and elegantly furnished. Comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have stayed at The Study several times in the past few years, and it is a much-needed addition to the hotel options in downtown New Haven. It's perfectly located for anyone visiting Yale, and its upscale, modern rooms are comfortable and clean. They all offer nice views of New Haven and the campus.

The Study allows dogs, which is good for nearby dog owners. But since I'm from the West Coast and do not travel East with my dog, I consider this a drawback. Once I was down the hall from a dog which would not stop barking!

Also restaurant service for breakfast has been slow every time I've stayed there.

Overall, however, it's a great place to stay.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed for 2 night in a king room on the 7th floor. The room and bathroom are very spacious but there is only a shower, no bath! Boo. But, hot water and water pressure were good. Bed was firm and really comfortable, the desk was large and the armchair nice. But the cupboard was TINY and forced you to hang your clothes on two short knobs so there was no space to air clothes out or to not rub against each other. Thank goodness I didn't have a thick winter jacket. No room for a suitcase in the cupboard either.

The lamp lighting and one ceiling lamp are dull at night, you practically have to be under them to see. There were no power socket beside the bed which was really annoying. Also, there is an iPod dock but no radio alarm clock. I'm a huge radio fan in the evenings so this was a major issue.

Hallway wasn't busy but the noise of people going in and out of their rooms was really loud. The street is also crazy noisy with people out the front of the bars and the SIRENS constantly going to the hospital.

My booking was screwed up when I arrived and I got the impression from the person who booked me that this is a frequent problem. Breakfast arrived late I was annoyed with a lack of coffee maker in the room. The meals in Heirloom were ok but waiter can't follow simple requests like "dressing on side". Though this place was comfortable I probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't face Chapel St or the hospital, look out over campus instead.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Saffy2
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel is beautiful! Simple elegant modern design everywhere. The lobby invites you to go find a book to read, it is a very welcoming area and makes you feel at home right away. Check-in was a breeze!!!! And the room was ready even though we got there before 10:30AM. I loved everything about the room, would only add a mini fridge, specially if I were staying longer. Location is great, walking distance anywhere in the Yale campus. Amazing beds and linens, and free wifi everywhere in the hotel! I'll definitely stay at the Study at Yale again! Loved it.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here one night on business. The hotel was very clean and modern and everyone was very pleasant. The rooms are on the small side and you can definitely hear other guests through the walls. The AC was on full blast and set to 50 degrees when I entered, it took a long time for the room to warm up. In the evening, my room service came promptly but without any utinsels or a napkin. My breakfast room service came a full 20 minutes after the window I had requested and I was on my way out the door (literally!) so I had to send it back. I feel like when you give guests an option to select a time window, you should honor that. Everyone was very apologetic, but I ended up skipping breakfast. So overall, just an okay stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business