“Comfort, design, helpful staff, great location.”
Review of The Study at Yale

The Study at Yale
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel is beautiful! Simple elegant modern design everywhere. The lobby invites you to go find a book to read, it is a very welcoming area and makes you feel at home right away. Check-in was a breeze!!!! And the room was ready even though we got there before 10:30AM. I loved everything about the room, would only add a mini fridge, specially if I were staying longer. Location is great, walking distance anywhere in the Yale campus. Amazing beds and linens, and free wifi everywhere in the hotel! I'll definitely stay at the Study at Yale again! Loved it.

Stayed: April 2012
There are newer reviews for The Study at Yale

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here one night on business. The hotel was very clean and modern and everyone was very pleasant. The rooms are on the small side and you can definitely hear other guests through the walls. The AC was on full blast and set to 50 degrees when I entered, it took a long time for the room to warm up. In the evening, my room service came promptly but without any utinsels or a napkin. My breakfast room service came a full 20 minutes after the window I had requested and I was on my way out the door (literally!) so I had to send it back. I feel like when you give guests an option to select a time window, you should honor that. Everyone was very apologetic, but I ended up skipping breakfast. So overall, just an okay stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank zephyrgirl13
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This is a fine hotel with style. Great service, rooms, location & facilities. We only have 2 issues: firstly, the rooms fronting the main road can be noisy with traffic. Secondly, both my daughter & I sneezed & suffered runny noses when in the room. This did not happen in the lobby, or outside. I don't know if it was due to the feather beds or sick house syndrome, but it wasn't hay fever & spoilt an otherwise pleasant stay (and did not happen in the other 4 hotels on this trip either).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the main street.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nagoyafrog
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My daughter and friends went to The Study at Yale. Staff was very helpful, rooms clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We continue to visit The Study. We started staying there from the day it opened. We stay at least once a month, sometimes more. The staff is amazing. They always welcome us back and, if possible, give us the same type of room with our preferred view. The hotel is well located. It is so clean and peaceful. We love the bar and especially Rob. Anthony, the Manager, is so attentive.

Room Tip: high floor, view of campus.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank barbboston
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Very nice hotel. It was so convenient to campus. The staff was great. We needed a vase for flowers and immediately it was brought to our room. The parking attendents were quick and responsive. It was a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2012

The lobby is great, very cool and welcoming, with free wi-fi, a computer with free printing, interesting books on the shelves, and a great atmosphere. Check-in was smooth, and the room was made available to me very early as I was arriving from a flight. The rooms are good, stylish, but not hugely luxurious - no mini-bar, or bathtub, for instance. But some nice, thoughtful touches, like a good writing/study area, free pencils, a comfy leather armchair. Breakfast is terrific, a treat. The Heirloom restaurant is also good for lunch. Complaints: it was hard to control the temperature in the room because of the large windows, and the blinds are too noisy: I could hear my neighbour putting his blinds down in the early hours of the morning, which was NOT what I needed the night before a big meeting...
I have no doubt that The Study is the best hotel in New Haven: I've stayed at the New Haven Hotel and the Omni before, and both are OK, but this is a much better location, much nicer surroundings, and for not much more money.
Some of the reviews on here have mentioned that the Study is near a 'sketchy' neighborhood: this is nonsense. Unless the Yale University Art Gallery counts as a sketchy neighborhood....

Room Tip: Higher storeys at the back have a good view of the Yale campus and avoid the noise of traffic (and s...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business