“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Omni Hotel, New Haven to attend her niece's wedding. The wedding rehearsal were held at the chapel and and the rehearsal dinner on the top floor of the hotel with great view. The room was more than adequate and having the ironing board helped with wrinkled clothes for the wedding itself. The staff was more than helpful and very accommodating what with three wedding parties going on the same weekend.

Room Tip: Try to get the room facing the harbor for good view at night on higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Greek first
Waldoboro, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I felt invisible at this hotel. No response when I spoke to 3 people about having my room cleaned. The room was empty from 9:30am to 3:30pm. Also a screw up with breakfast room service. The heating/cooling was hard to figure out so we were cold for much of the stay. The bathtub with chipped and the paint over it was bubbling. The carpets looked worn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgr, Manager at Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lapses in service and frustration you experienced. There are no excuses for not meeting let alone not exceeding your expectations. The issues you have went through will be further investigated with our team in order to make sure what happened in your case is not repeated. Our service culture is all about warmth and engagement in conversations with our guests and we are disappointed you were not able to experience this first hand. We would welcome the opportunity to gain more feedback from you and find out ways we can better meet your expectations. Our Director of Rooms can be reached directly by email at rjnasser@omnihotels.com for further discussions.
Durango
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I stay here a few times a year and always have most pleasant experience. I stay in hotels 16-19 days a month and this is one of my favorites. As an Omni member the benefits and the service is excellent. The front desk clerk, Tanieka, was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I had been traveling for 30 hours, and just wanted a beer and to go to sleep. Tanieka had one delivered to my room for no charge. The customer service here is delightful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I found this hotel very enjoyable for a visit to Yale. Walking distance to the campus which is very convenient. The staff are remarkably friendly both at the front desk, doorman, and those in the restaurant. The hotel infrastructure needs some updating. Room a little drab but the bed had a list to the left side. Sometimes it was a bit noisy near the elevator so I guess I understand why they give you ear plugs. Overall though the staff made the visit very good

Room Tip: choose a room facing the campus as opposed to the one facing the less optimal side of New Haven
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
marin county
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The people who work at this hotel are cheereful, nice and went out of their way to help me. I stayed here alone, and walked to my meetings every morning on the Yale campus. Very convenient. The room was a nice size, very clean, the linens are soft and the beds very comfortable. My room had a beautiful view of the campus also.

I agree with other reviewers, the Internet access wasn't so great. And the room service (the food) wasn't fantastic either, but overall I had a very good stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked rooms for ourselves and wedding party the night before and night of our wedding. From check in to check out, everything was perfect. They gave my bridal party adjoining rooms and greatly extended check out time the next day to allow us to finish getting our hair and makeup done. They allowed me to check in early to the room my husband and I would uave so I could move my things there. The manager at the hotel restaurant new we were getting married that day and surprised us by sending mimosas and chocolate covered strawberries to the room that morning. We were beyond shocked and told7ched. We can't say enough good things. We also had a wonderful time wt ajohn davenports which is in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

After receiving great recommendations (of omni in general not this particular location) from multiple friends and family members we decided to give it a shot and book this location for our upcoming trip to CT. Thank God we didn't go past the call to reservations!
We have a toddler so we wanted a room for the three of us. Not only the reservation agent was very unprofessional, we were told we will need two rooms! We wanted a room with two double beds and the lady told us the limit is 2 people for those type of rooms! Seriously?! That's RIDICULOUS!!
I asked then for a suite, unfortunately this location doesn't offer them, they also DON'T offer military/government rate, even though the website says they do, they forgot to mention that not at every location!
Well the search is on for us to find a FAMILY FRIENDLY hotel for our trip to CT!

Stayed July 2013