“Excellent King Pho”
Review of Mecha Noodle Bar

Mecha Noodle Bar
Ranked #48 of 634 Restaurants in New Haven
Reviewed May 18, 2019

The King Pho is excellent. The juicy braised short ribs in the Pho is great. The spicy Ramen is also very good. I would definitely eat here again when I am in New Haven CT.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

I was a walk in 5 top on a Saturday night. We were told a 35 min wait and were probably sat close to our quoted time, maybe a bit after. I was the last in my party to arrive. The hosts were very helpful and they help you with drink service while you wait. The food was amazing. I love fresh flavors and spicy food! They were able to bring a decent heat level and open my sinuses with their ramen. Everyone in my party loved their food. One friend has a ton of allergies and the server was very understanding and helpful in that regard. She timed the meal out very well. We overall had a great time.

A few things I was not excited about, but are not a deal breaker... they added 18% gratuity to our 5 top. I don't remember seeing this on their menu. It could have been I wasn't looking for it, but we would have most likely given the serving team more money if they didn't add it. And they blasted drake radio on pandora the whole time. Some might love that, but drake is trash.

Overall a hip spot with tons of hipsters. Really good food at a decent price point.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 11, 2019

Love this amazing noodle bar -- the Chicken Pho with greens and tofu is my go to whenever I visit here. Very friendly staff, quick service and not too expensive.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 19, 2019

We were in New Haven last night to attend a classical music concert at Woolsey Hall. We usually find a place with reservations but tonight we decided wing it at Mecha Noodle Bar, wanted to try something different. We got there early, probably just before 5:30 pm because I had a feeling it would be crowded and for sure it was. There were only a few tables left. The hostess at the front was very nice to us as we walked in and seated us immediately. We were seated a long communal table right near all the action at the kitchen. The music was loud as other folks have stated but after awhile I really didn't notice. One other note, we were the oldest folks in the place...LOL. It seemed to be mostly a younger college crowd. Just after we got in a wait line had formed. Our waiter was very helpful with the menu and fully explained everything. Thank you! I wish I remembered his name. We shared the KFC Bao as an appetizer and because it was still Happy Hour it was only $3.00. They were absolutely delicious with just a touch of heat. It was a first for both of us to try these. We both had the SHOYU PAITAN chicken ramen as our entree, also a first for us and it also was very good. It was a good size portion and I wasn't able to finish mine. My other half ate all of his! This was perfect for chilly New Haven night! There were no desserts offered on the menu. Overall a great experience and we will definitely be going back in the future.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 13, 2018 via mobile

Great food. Kind of a loud atmosphere though. Not the best place for conversation. I ate pho and my partner had ramen. We both enjoyed.

Date of visit: December 2018