“Delicious meal- order the special breads!”
Review of Caseus

Caseus
Ranked #13 of 559 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Delicious meal- order the special breads!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

What a terrific place! The food is wonderful with a focus on local produce. Their cheese shop is next to the restaurant and the cheeses served in the restaurant are wonderful. I have dined there several times. Most recently we sat at the bar and had the cheese and charcuterie boards with an order of their special breads. Delicious ! Wine selections are great and service is friendly and knowledgable. Yes service is a little slow when they are busy but it is worth the wait. Make sure you make a reservation for dinner.

• Korean first
Connecticut
“I love this place!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you're a fan of cheese and wine, you need to stop by Caseus! The restaurant has a quaint atmosphere and the food is delicious! Stop by the cheese shop to purchase some fine cheeses.

Visited December 2011
New Haven, Connecticut
“I love cheese”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I'm only rating the cheese shop, I've never eaten at the restaurant. They are very friendly and have a wide variety of cheeses. I stop by there every few weeks and try a bunch of cheeses before choosing one to purchase. They are relatively expensive, but that's to be expected from a boutique cheese shop...

Visited May 2012
Coppell, Texas
“Cheese, Cheese and more Cheese!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Portions are huge and can easily be split between 2 people. Server was very knowledgeable about menu, but service tended to be a little slow during lunch time with receiving appetizers and drink refills. Food was very good, however.

Visited June 2012
CT
“An interesting restaurant”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I happened into this spot accidently. I was actually looking for some specialty cookies I bought at the one of the local farmer's markets (which I missed today) and in searching the internet for these cookies I found this restaurant, which also hosts a specialtiy cheese/ hors d' oeuvres shop. So off I went. The restaurant is very close to my home, but I had never been there before.

As it was, they did have the cookies, but not in the flavor I wanted. I ended up buying some speciality cheese and crackers. They were having their annual barbecue, so I decided to try the hot dog with local hot pepper relish and the cole slaw. I also had a glass of their sangria.

The food was a bit pricey, as was the sangria...$5 for the hot dog, $2 for the side of coleslaw, $9 for the sangria, but it was a large glass. It was VERY good. I found out that they buy local products and specialty meats, such as free range chicken and beef.They advertise that they "use sustainable and local ingredients". I love hot dogs and am picky about them...This one was very good. The cole slaw was not your standard cabbage/carrot heavily dressed slaw but was kale, carrots and onions with a light vinigrette type of dressing.The sangria was deep red,. I was not familiar with the wine that was used as the base. It was good, but heavy., not sweet, not effervescent.

I found the staff to be friendly and they went out of ther way to make me comfortable. I was traveling alone. I sat outside and it was quite pleasant. One of the other diners had the cheeseburger ($6), which he said was also very good. This barbecue is somethng they do annually and not part of their regular offerings. Be prepared to spend a little to eat here, but do remember, quality costs! They offer lunch and dinner

The inside areas are smalll. Reservations for table inside are highly suggested. You do not need a reservation to sit outside or at the bar, but the areas are small. The menu is on the website.

• Visited July 2012