“Good spicy Asian ”
Review of K2 New Haven

K2 New Haven
Ranked #172 of 634 Restaurants in New Haven
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

We needed an early dinner, found this restaurant near our hotel. Prices were good and an extensive menu. The food was very good and they tailored the spice to 'mild' so it wasn't overwhelming.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank DonRetired

Reviewed February 13, 2017

I bought my husband a sushi making class for a stocking stuffer at Christmas. We went to K2 for our class. We were unsure as to why the place was so empty, but it has nothing to do with the food or the staff. It was a Thursday, so maybe that had something to do with it. The class was a lot of fun and the staff was more than accommodating. Parking was conveniently above the restaurant and they validated it for us.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile

As always I have a blast here. They added a lounge area for your next party office functions after hours opened tonight for a private party. Which they opened 12/22/16 very nice atmosphere in the lounge area. The restaurant overall has a nice feel to it. This is a great place food is delicious the owners have tried all their food and they eat it too unless otherwise place like Chinese sell the food eat their own rice fish and veggies.

Thursday there's 50% off on certain Sushi dishes.. I tried some new things I had the Bone Tea Soup first tine delicious, My favorites are Happy Tuna Appetizer and the Roti Canai. Tried the Silk Melon with Shrimp OMG delicious. The signature K2 is delicious too. Everything is they put their heart and pride in their food and business.

I recommend this place 2016 can't wait to see what is in store for 2017....

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 26, 2016

We had good, but incorrectly prepared meals at K2. If the chef had gotten it right, I might have given a very good rating, but the mistakes were significant and the restaurant's handling of the errors could have been better.

I started with the Hong Kong style wonton soup, which was supposed to contain both shrimp and beef wontons, if I remember the menu correctly. It was tasty and quite good, although there was no sign of shrimp to be found.

But that wasn't the big error. My son ordered the rendang beef, and I ordered the lamb stew. The menu described the lamb stew as including snow peas and carrots, and neither was in the description of the rendang beef. I selected the lamb stew partly because I like snow peas and looked forward to them. When our meals arrived, I was confused because my son's meal had a substantial amount of snow peas and a few carrot slices, and mine had neither of each. I brought this to the server's attention and she eventually confirmed that the chef had put the wrong vegetables into the two meals, switching them around so I got the vegetables intended for my son's meal, and he got mine. As I was finishing the meal, the server brought out some snow peas in sauce to me, but it was kind of late since there was little left of my original lamb and rice.

I'd like to point out that when a mistake of this significance is made in fine restaurants, most of the time they offer to comp one of the meals or provide a free dessert. K2 apologized for the error, but didn't offer anything. They weren't obligated to, but this would have been a way for them to genuinely show that they cared about the error and valued us as customers.

The service was very friendly, but when it came time for our check, the server was preoccupied with working with other staff at a nearby table preparing, assembly-line style, what I think may have been sushi rolls. We waited too long for our check to arrive and to be processed as a result.

These flaws really weren't excusable, as the restaurant was not very busy at all while we were there.

You'll probably have a good meal if you choose to eat at K2, but make sure you get exactly what you ordered when your food arrives at your table.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank 94,741,233
Reviewed September 26, 2016

The restaurant has has a large dining room. The decor is very Asian and well done.
The menu has a lot of choices, some are what you would expect and others are fun to try and to share. The coconut soup is delicious.
Service is good and the staff very friendly.

Date of visit: September 2016