“Just adding my vote of "excellent"”
Review of Long Wharf Theatre

Long Wharf Theatre
Ranked #10 of 58 things to do in New Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: A theatre that features Broadway shows.
Nehalem, Oregon
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Just adding my vote of "excellent"”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Worth a visit on a trip from anywhere. Too bad there isn't a top rating of "outstanding". Had season passes every year when we lived locally, and was never disappointed. The opportunity to listen to/talk with directors and cast is one everyone should take at least once.

Visited February 2014

Pittsfield MA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good theatre, fantastic treatment by staff”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My mother and I enjoyed a performance here that was both entertaining and stimulating. The theatre is well-designed, and the production was solid, though it was only the second preview night, with some excellent acting.

The bad news is that we discovered New Haven's weakness - taxis. We got one from downtown to the theatre (the restaurant we dined in called for us), but when we called after the performance, no taxi was forthcoming. That's when the "fantastic treatment by staff" came into play. The Front of House Manager made multiple calls to multiple companies for us - and eventually actually drove us back to our hotel herself - all with great graciousness. Other staff was friendly as well. We left with a good feeling about the whole ethos of the place....

Visited February 2014
New Haven
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A local gem”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My favorite theater . Not a bad seat in the house. Many shows end up on Broadway, often famous actors and directors. Not always my taste, but I always enjoy going. Great small theater and great small staff

Visited January 2014
CT
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Small venue, great shows!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have seen several productions at this theater. It is a small theater, kind of in the round seating . The closest seat to the production area actually say right at the edge of the performance area. I don't believe there is an actual "stage"'. There is a center "performance" area. The performers in some of the shows actually interact with the audience.

There is plenty of parking at this location and a good family style restaurant next door.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Consistent”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I chair a theatre company in NYC and see a lot of off-bway in Manhattan. LWT is a) a great theater physically (particularly after the recent renovation and b) consistently puts on top quality shows with great actor and direction.

Visited November 2013