“I'm into history just like my dad.”

Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
Ranked #3 of 54 things to do in New Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum has a diverse collection ranging from Indian artifacts to Egyptian art to a large bird collection.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I'm into history just like my dad.”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

So great for me. Egyptian artifacts. Great display regarding the history of coffee. I know I'm a geek. So many great items for a small town.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Great museum... Lions and tigers and bears, oh my and dinosaurs too.”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my and dinosaurs too...great museum and interesting exhibits... And the great hall painting is just amazing...
Highly recommend and young kids will love the dinosaur exhibit.. The souvenir shop has great mementos for all especially for the Dino lovers ...
Enjoy

Visited March 2014
1 Thank JJFlash7
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“A fabulous little museum with big dinosaurs”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Children and adults will be fascinated by the exhibits in this fabulous museum. The dinosaurs and exhibits related to evolution are stellar and there are often special exhibitions curated by experts from Yale University. The gift shop is full of wonderful, relatively inexpensive items for children and adults alike.

Visited April 2014
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Been going for 35 years, still great and additions each visit bring me back for more”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This place has it all....from dinosaurs to meteors, mummy's to a Dodo bird. If you want to learn about birds, prehistoric creatures, enjoy the architecture of the very building you get to explore and see diamonds, rubies, and geodes in person...this is the spot for you.

The museum gift shop has many great treasures too!

Visited March 2014
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Little kids love the dinosaurs!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I remember going here as a kid and being wowed by the dino skeletons. Many years later I brought my niece and nephew, and they, too, couldn't get enough of the bones! Some of the exhibits could use some updating and are showing their age (I'm looking at you, dioramas of animal habitats), but who are we kidding? The Peabody is all about the dinosaurs, and they are as impressive as ever.

Visited December 2013