“Excellent museum!”

Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
Ranked #3 of 59 things to do in New Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum has a diverse collection ranging from Indian artifacts to Egyptian art to a large bird collection.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Don't miss this great museum if you're in town. The dinosaur room is spectacular - great place for kids! We only spent about 90 minutes and didn't get to see half the exhibits, so there's plenty enough to see for two visits.

1  Thank Providence_RITom
There are newer reviews for Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to the Peabody for over 60 years and aaftepstill enjoy their presentations. We took our 11 year old granddaughter who is interested in Egyptian history. At this time they have a temporary Egyptian display as well as their own permanent display. Being run by Yale Univ gives them the ability to bring things to the community they might not otherwise see. An excellent way to spend the afternoon.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been going to the Peabody since I was 5 ! We are now life members and have been going every 3 or 4 months for decades. There is so much history here from all the collectors. The exhibits are first rate.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been to the Yale Peabody when my kids were younger and we all really enjoyed the permanent dinosaur collection. It is small enough that you can view the entire collection and not feel overwhelmed, but large enough that you really feel like you have seen quite a bit of material. Having said that, I went to see the special Egyptian collection and I have to say that it was really lacking. It is quite small and underwhelming and appear that the majority of this special collection has been taken from the permanent collection from the 3rd floor and pieces not enough authentic from ancient Egypt.
If you go during the week, there is a limited amount of parking, however, on the weekends, they open up more of the lots, so there is much more parking. I would say that this is a great museum overall, but the special collections need some updating.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Peabody museum in August and it was very amusing. Their dinosaur colection is great. It's a great place for kids, they have lots of activities for the little ones and museum's guides to explain them a little bit of history and nature. They have a Egypt exposition going on, great material and the most helpful guides to show it to you. Well, I don't have any kids of my own and I wen't with a couple of grown up friends and we had a good time to. Great place in New Haven. I would definetely recommend it!