“Great Margaritas ”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High Street
Transit: 10 Minute walk away from the New Haven Green
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a shot of tequila. Ended up having the Spicy Blood Orange Margarita and my group had the Geronimo and Timberlake. Nice bar atmosphere; crowded, but not so noisy we couldn’t hear each other while sitting at the bar.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Geronimo’s is a great restaurant on Crown St. in New Haven. Their guacamole is fantastic and freshly made. Their tacos are wonderful and they have a Taco Tuesday special, too. And no trip to Geronimo’s is complete without a margarita! If you want something different try a spicy margarita- they are a very nice treat!

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Flavorful authentic food. Everything is just super delicious and fresh! At first I wondered how do I enter this place,with a fabulous reputation,then Corey R. showed me that they have a ramp on the side.I use a wheelchair.Energetic staff full of smiles, nods, and positive vibes. Corey R. and Morgan are kind and very helpful.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

I had heard plenty of good things about Geronimo, only to be sorely disappointed. I made a reservation wanting to celebrate my parents anniversary, and informed the restaurant of the same. We were offered a table by the bathroom, so that wasn’t very special. The hostess’ attitude was terrible, when asked if the booths were available she said, “well this is comfortable enough” and that the tables in the back were all occupied. These ‘occupied tables’ by the way had no guests seated for the duration of our dinner, maybe she didn’t want us to have a good table? She finally consented to seat us a little away from the bathroom, again the attitude made it seem like she was doing us a favor- unprofessional. I was upset that even though I had mentioned we were celebrating something special, no effort was done to enhance it, or even acknowledge it. Seems like it is pointless mentioning details when the restaurant doesn’t care and is intent on churning tables as soon as possible. For the money I spent, I should have gone someplace else where we would have had better service.

Reviewed June 12, 2018

We were invited to join some friends for their birthday and we'd been eager to try this place out so it worked out perfectly. My daughter frequents it and has only had good things to say. We were a party of 14 and they reserved the table with a display inside
with much to our suprise live scorpions inside. Gave us great dinner conversation lol. Live guac at the table side was awesome and flat bread with chorizo and fig was excellent. Plenty of chips for everyone who just wanted to pick too till dinner. Waitress was on top of things. Drinks came quickly and answered any and all questions. Had a hard time deciding since so many things looked good. I chose mac n cheese, out of sorts for my normal mexican choice but it came with recommendation of my friend who'd been there before and I had them add grilled chicken. Nice presentation in a personal iron skillet. Hubby ended up finishing mine off after tasting it. Super creamy, one of the best i've had, chicken perfectly tender. Hubby got tacos, daugher and her bf got quesadillas, Another friend got mac n cheese with chorizo and Lobster which looked tempting too. One friend got frito dinner in the bag. He loved it. Definitely will return. The bar area got quite crowded and when we went to leave had to fight the crowd to get out. Nice open air seating in the front, i'd like to sit there when we go back, weather willing. Prices were fair, portions were plenty. A few times we had to gather plates or glasses since it was so busy to unclutter our table, but a bus boy usually ran over and took them once he saw we were doing that. We were there for about 2 1/2 hourss. Parking is $8 behind the restaurant but if you park in the corner garage I believe they validate at the restaurant for that. Sundays is 1/2 tequila drinks, maybe guessing why the crowd.