“Excellent Food on Consistent Basis”
Review of Chatterley's - CLOSED

Chatterley's
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have been coming to Chatterley's for years. The food is always great! Nice crowd in the bar. Comfortable dining room with summer outside seating. A nice place to relax and have a great dinner.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Recommended by the proprietor of our inn, Chatterley's was a great choice.

On his suggestion I had the calamari which, unusually, came with banana peppers and olives with a sprinkling of parmesan. Delish! And different. I have a gluten issue so I started itching not long after, but I am pretty sure I would do it again.

If it wasn't the calamari breading, the bread that came with buffalo and blue cheese butter is the culprit for my itching. Again, I am pretty sure I would repeat it.

I asked for and received some good, ripe tomatoes for the salad with moz and basil. The best I have had in forever.

Dinner was mussels with sausage and potatoes (a little crunchier than I would like) and pasta with lamb and sausage for my wife. Both of us were very satisfied with quality and portion sizes.

A good waitress can make up for a lot of shortcomings. Ours didn't have to, but she could have. I asked about the vintage on a bottle of wine, she went and got it. Asked how ripe the tomatoes were, she found out. Other things that no one else would bother with, she was right on it.

You should definitely give it a try. Today please.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I found ourselves in New Hartford, CT yesterday just before lunch time. Not being familiar with the area, I decided to pull out my smartphone and launch the Tripadvisor app. I tapped on the "Near me now" button and the reviews for Chatterly's caught my attention. We decided to give it a try and I am glad that we did.

The menu has a lot of different selections and we actually had a difficult time determining what to order.The choices all looked very appetizing. We eventually made our choices and we were both very happy with our selections. The food was delicious. This was coupled with service that was prompt, helpful and pleasant.

Probably the most unexpected feature of Chatterley's are the prices. Everything on the menu is inexpensive.

Let's review. Chatterley's has great food, great service and great prices. They have earned my recommendation.

1  Thank partpricer
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This Mothers day buffet was the best I have ever been to. Every item on the buffet was exquisite. This is the first time my husband and I visited Chatterlys. If they put that much attention into each detail on the buffet, then I can only look forward to the entres we will enjoy the next time we go back. ALSO each person we met that worked there were genuinely friendly. I felt so comfortable there. Even the other diners were happy and friendly.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Since we are seldom in this area of CT this was our first visit to Chatterley's. It was recommended to us by friends who were with us. During the day we visited a couple of vineyards in the area and wanted a nice place for dinner. We started out in the bar area for a glass of wine and some calamari while we watched the Kentucky Derby. The house wine was pretty good and the calamari very good.
When we were seated for dinner it was a nice surprise to see such a nice dining room setting. There was some outside seating available but it just seemed too cool for that option. The soup and salads that we had were very good and fairly large. Our entrees of Scallops were great and two of our party decided to just try a couple of appetizers. They had the atrichoke and zucchini fitters along with the crab cake. Everything we had was great and well presented. we had planned on trying the Carrot Cake dessert but nobody had room for it, maybe next time.