“bad service, decent food”
Review of Rosie

Rosie
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in New Canaan
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I ordered a panini, but I guess because it was my first time there, the regulars get to be served first. The regular said I was here first. I ordered, and he started helping the regular without even putting my panini on. 15 minutes later I'm looking for my sandwich and he goes and puts it on. I finally get it and it's cold, except for the edges.
I heard about this place because there are a whole bunch of spanish looking worker's wearing the t-shirt when they are waiting for the train. I thought I'd recognize some of them there. It was only white college kids working the counter, I noticed the kitchen was in the basement, makes me wonder if they are legal.

1  Thank trvvlngkim

Reviewed January 13, 2010

My family and I eat at Rosie almost everyday and love all the delicious food we are lucky to be able to enjoy there. The food is fresh and very tasty and we are never disappointed. With all the boring food chains that are moving into town we are happy to have homemade food that is made that day by creative chefs that care about their customers. The enchiladas are delicious and fresh, the soups are full of wholesome goodness, the desserts are wonderful and fun. My children look forward to the cupcakes. They are a special treat. The owners are wonderful people who really care about about their customers. I would recommend Rosie to everyone.

Reviewed November 4, 2009

I've been to Rosie quite a few times, and to be perfectly honest it's not as good as it is hyped up to be. The food CAN be good, depending on the day and if it was made that day. I've had good and bad experiences with them. I've gotten food poisoning about three of the seven times I've been there, so be careful on what you order. It is also very pricey for what it is. I could go buy a bacon egg and cheese almost anywhere else for about two three dollars where as Rosie is almost five dollars. The atmosphere is cheery and the people that work there are helpful, besides the owners. I've found them to be very rude and snotty almost more concerned with themselves than the value of their customers. Along with something someone else said in their own review, the cupcakes are horrible. I don't think they make them there and they're not very fresh, usually always hard and old. And it does get quite busy, almost hectic and having many customers walk out the door before they even order. It's a good place if your looking for something quick and on the go, but not the kind of place you want to take your family out to, hold business meetings in, or go in large groups(you will not find a table).

Reviewed February 22, 2009

Rosie's has been my favorite place in town to pick up a sandwich for years! The food is so flavorful- they have this spicy cole slaw salad they serve with the sandwiches that is out of this world. They have great prepared sandwiches and paninis, also really good soup and specials. The only bad thing is that it can be super crowded around lunch time and it's hard to get a table in such a small place. It's also nice how they opened the restaurant up to the book store- I think it's a great idea! They also showcase local art work and photography. Only food I would not recommend in the cupcakes- which look much better than they are. They are kind of tasteless and expensive but they always look so good I buy them anyway!

Reviewed February 2, 2009

When we walked in the door I was prepared to be disappointed, but was instead very pleased with the food. The ordering takes place at the far end of the counter and the payment at the front end. While a bit confusing, once we ordered and were served we found the staff to be very helpful. We had some soup and chicken enchiladas, and were knocked out with the freshness and flavor. Don't expect a high end experience but for freshness and value you won't find anything beter in the area. Also, consider carrying out your dinner; the food travels well.