“OMG The World's Best Gelato”

Gelatissimo Artisan Gelato
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in New Canaan
Description: It's a gelato place. The best I have had here in the US.
Description: It's a gelato place. The best I have had here in the US.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have had gelato in Italy and a number of other countries, but this is the very best. Very authentic, of course because the owner is Italian from Italy, an artisan and as nice as can be. There is a large variety of flavors and making a decision is so difficult, each tastes just like it's description. The texture is perfect, true gelato.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The gelato is delicious, flavorful and creamy in texture. They have a good selection of gelato and sorbet flavors. I choose the small size with chocolate-nutella and coffee- chocolate chip. Both flavors were delicious and flavorful. I liked the two flavor combinations. In addition to serving gelato they also make custom coffee drinks. There is inside and outdoor seating. I look forward to returning for more gelato.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this little shop! The gelato is always delicious and fresh and the owner is usually present. The chocolate is rich and bittersweet; it always satisfies my craving. My husband and I usually stroll down to Gelatissimo after having dinner up on Elm Street. It's the perfect way to end a meal on a mild spring evening.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Always a great and seasonal selection of gelato. Staff is very helpful and patient even with small children and picky adults. Pricey but worth a splurge.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I love it that this is teh number #2 restaurant in New Canaan.
THAT says a lot.
This is a trip to Italy , you will not be dissapointed and WILL be addicted.