“Great Fresh Food in Small Atmosphere”
Review of Farmer's Table

Farmer's Table
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in New Canaan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I've probably eaten eveything on the menu and many of the specials. Each dish is full of flavor, freshly prepared and the restaurant uses local farms and purveyors (Owner's Brother for meat and the owner's garden for vegetables in the summer). Whether you order the quesadilla, the tacos or one of the best cheeseburgers around, this place should not be missed. The shrimp mojo is a staple for take-out and I had the scallops the other night which were outstanding. And before you start you can choose from some of the best soups around. My two favorites are the Mushroom soup (creamless yet deliciously creamy), and the seafood chowder. Leave room for desserts. With only 12-14 seats, make sure you call and reserve a table.

A true little gem in New Canaan.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

A friend and I enjoyed a delicious lunch. We both had soup. I had butternut squash soup and she had New England clam chowder. Both were served piping hot and were excellent. We both had the chicken quesadilla for our entree. Very nice. It was accompanied by a mixed green salad.

Service was attentive yet not overwhelming.

The only drawback is the limited seating. We got there in the early afternoon, so we did not have to wait long to sit down. But, with only approximately six tables, I can imagine a wait at peak times.

We would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Make a reservation. The food is very good, but the kitchen is small so allow time. Bring home soup, bread and whatever fresh vegetables they have to sell. The chef is low on personality, but big on his commitment to locally grown.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is a gem. We could go back to this restaurant every night of the week.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Very small restaurant, but they are geared for take out too. This restaurant has a warm cozy feel. The food is always good. I have loved everything I tried. Robert makes the very best soups around. Try the corn chowder! The ingredients are fresh and local whenever possible The service here is friendly and honest, always attentive. I eat here again and again for lunch and dinner and I usually take home a soup as well. I have brought many friends here and they are repeat patrons now too.