“Great for breakfast or lunch”
Review of New Canaan Diner

New Canaan Diner
Ranked #11 of 79 Restaurants in New Canaan
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed August 1, 2018

This is the best dinner around. Food is always good and service is excellent. It is like being in a 1960 style dinner. Very convenient location with outdoor tables as well as indoors.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 13, 2018

I go do diners a lot. I like the variety and speed getting in and out. The food is usually good, but nothing special. However, my meal last night was very un-diner-ish. Started with the beef barley soup. This was first-class. Good broth filled with veggies and beef. The roast chicken was very flavorful. The roast potatoes (I don't even remember seeing roast potatoes on most menus) were delicious and the string beans were fresh--not canned. Service was very good. Staff very friendly. Might be hard to find a parking space, but definitely worth the experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank W-Hartford_CT
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Classic diner. They have great american food such as shakes, hotdogs, onion rings, and I love the salads. Good place to go to a chill dinner with kids or friends, if you are younger. Not my favorite place to eat but it is always a good option. Very family friendly and overall a good atmosphere.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

The New Canaan Diner is a classical family friendly, homey feel restaurant. It's kid friendly and always a hit with my grandkids.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

I went with my son, his wife and 2 grandchildren to have dinner there. People highly recommended the place.

We got there early, one other table busy. They don’t have booths or tables to accommodate 5 or larger parties. The place is very small, outdated and didn’t look clean to me.

We sat down and looked at the menu for 20 minutes. No one came to the table to even bring water. Plus....when there are 400 items on a menu, I question the freshness and quality of the food. Okay, they can cook you an egg...but something else...who knows!! I’ve watch too many shows (could be part of my problem) to know a lot of the “stuff” is old, out dated and many times spoiled. The wait staff just stood there. We finally got up and left and went to the Mexican Restaurant 2 doors away and had a great meal.

I would NEVER go there again!!

Date of visit: December 2017