“Grandma Lulu's favorite spot”
Review of New Canaan Diner

New Canaan Diner
Ranked #11 of 80 Restaurants in New Canaan
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed August 4, 2016

I visit New Canaan (from California) several times a year to see my grandchildren. The first place I want to eat is the New Canaan Diner. The staff is so welcoming, and the restaurant is very kid friendly. The menu is extremely diverse, and the food is delicious. I've had the salads, breakfast items, entrees, sandwiches, etc., and everything has been really good. My husband had the featured "prime rib special" one night, and it was as good as any he's had in fancier restaurants. The milkshakes are amazing. This summer I had my last dinner with the kids at the Diner, and the staff not only remembered us, but also remembered my grandkids' favorite milkshake flavors. I can't wait to return in a few months!

1  Thank Louise C

Reviewed July 19, 2016

My wife & I decided to drop in on a late afternoon during the sidewalk sales event in town. We loved everything about this little diner. We both enjoyed the Chicken Caesar Salad & soup. The restaurant was so cozy & relaxing and the wait staff was very friendly. We will definitely return.

1  Thank RRanella
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Very good for a casual dinner. Food is amazing. Kids will love it. It's not too fancy so don't worry about dressing up. The staff is very nice

1  Thank axmarcella121
Reviewed June 25, 2016

New Canaan is a wonderful community w/class, caring and kind people. A great town to raise a Family. It is no wonder that the BEST restaurant chose to nest here. It is a wonderful asset to our town.

I been coming here since about 2012. This Diner is gourmet at its best. I am so lucky I have a place to go to enjoy great food w/my wonderful neighbors. I have dined on breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Always top shelf.

the omelets are to die for. Try the Feta/Spinach. I like mine soft. It ALWAYS comes out fresh and soft as a babies pillow. The pancakes light as a cloud. For lunch You can order any one of number of sandwiches The burgers are freshly cooked exactly as You wish. The fries and onion rings are great to go along. Do not forget a creamy shake to go along w/it.

Dinner is 5 *. One of my many favorites is: Shrimp Scampi. They have a list of special items which the vary off and on. The Apps are numerous and Heaven. I like the Nachos, BBQ Wings.

deserts are homemade pies of many to chose from.

This Diner is for sure the best restaurant I have ever eaten at. I look forward to many years more to come here.

Enjoy. Bon Appetite.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 23, 2016

NC Diner is a great place to dine..If you are looking for a nice place to go and grab a bite or even to sit down and catch up with a friend for a while.. this diner is your place! It is our go-to for a burger - Best in town!!! shakes,Sunday breakfast & even for some yummy greek comfort food!! It is all around amazing here! If you hadvent tried it yet you're missing out!!

Date of visit: June 2016