“Nice room/good value”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Britain
home
“Nice room/good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Excellent value: large room with fridge, micro, in-room coffee; and good central location to nearby restaurants and highway. Breakfast is simple continental, but more than adequate for the money paid..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We frequently travel with our dog, and La Quinta Inn in New Britain, CT, was a good stop for us as we drove from northern Maine to Pennsylvania. The room was nice, price was a bargain, but I didn't want to walk the dog very far from the grounds the night we arrived. Neighborhood was a little sketchy, but the next morning, we were very easily and quickly back on our route. I'm told that all La Quinta Inns in the US accept guests traveling with dogs. What a bonus to know that if there is a La Quinta Inn where I'm stopping, they'll be ok with my dog.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank francesperkins
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

The first thing that should be done is replace the housekeeping staff; There were five rooms that were disgusting. We reserved 1 room and upon entering found semen stains on the bed skirt, stains on the carpet, bathroom was filthy. The front desk showed us 4 additional rooms all of which had similar issues. There were stains of body fluids, cigarette burns in a non-smoking room, fecal matter and stains in the bathrooms and a very unpleasant odor.

The manager was not available and did not return our call and message left on his phone detailing the issues we had. This is highly unprofessional. The manager of this establishment did not take the time or courtesy to inquire about our extremely unpleasant experience in this hotel.

Myself, my wife and our two young children were traumatized and exhausted when we had to look for another hotel at 3am. It took us over an hour to find a respectable room. ( we ended staying at a Hilton) We are thankful for hotels like the Hilton who put their customers first.

We were told that we were not charged for the room after we made it clear that this was the worst experience ever. We were shown a receipt with a zero balance and told that we were not charged. The next day I see a charge for the room on my bank statement. . ( I never thought that I would have to inspect a room at LaQuinta prior to paying the bill, I guess I will have to do this each and every time I travel) I do not believe I will entertain making reservations at a LaQuinta Inn and Suites ever again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these New Britain hotels

Winter Harbor, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times a year over the past several years.It seems every time is worse than the last. This trip started with no luggage cart available. One of the two elevators was out of service and when the door opened on the good one, it was filled with cleaning carts and no cleaning person. We removed the carts as we were not going to walk up five flights! When we got to our floor, there was litter in the hallway which remained for over 24 hours before being removed. Later I needed to print something and their business center printer was dead...like the elevator. Next morning I went to their breakfast and both trash cans were filled to overflowing and spilling on the floor. The homeless man who came in for coffee didn't seem to mind the trash. One of the staff came in, but did nothing to correct this. In general the staff seemed more interested in talking with their "gangsta" looking boyfriends/girlfriends than actually doing their jobs. Going back up to the room, I smelled cigarette smoke in the non-smoking room's hallway and mentioned this to the chambermaid. Her reply was "you should see the room down the hall, there's so much marijuana smoke in there you can't even breathe". When we called the manager on duty, they did nothing about it and seemed put out that we should expect anything to be done. .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

If you must stay in New Britain, this is your best choice because it is your only choice. Or if you a on budget, it hard to pay less. The rooms are tired and banged up, but the bed was fine. The walls are paper thin. If wish to pay more, you may be happier elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask if any rooms have been renovated. . . .
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Georgetown, Pa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Once again, there is no way anyone who travels could give this place over 3 stars unless they are related to the owners. The walls are paper thin (could literally hear the guests on every side of me and they were talking quietly), the smoke is unbearable, the carpets in the rooms are filthy, fire alarms kept going off, the main entrance was blocked off for 5 days, no hot water for a week, the elevators sound like they could break at any second, the internet was hit and miss (more miss), the breakfast was not at all good and the power in my room went out at least once a day causing me to have to get my key reprogrammed every day. I spoke to corporate and nothing was done. It is a good thing they allow pets because it is the only plus and why I gave 2 stars instead of 1 even though I would not bring my pet there. Guessing the rooms which allow pets are probably flea infested because the entire place is filthy. I try to stay at LaQuinta whenever I can because of the value, but I wouldn't even suggest my mother-in-law stay here.

Room Tip: Everything is dirty, but the upper floor is the worst.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Britain
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
BEST WESTERN PLUS New England Inn & Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites

Been to Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain? Share your experiences!