“No major issues”

Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Britain
“No major issues”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Great room, clean, comfortable. May not be the best location but we had no trouble when we walked around. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice little tavern around the corner. Bed very comfortable, bathroom was beautiful.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 29, 2011

First, let me start with something positive, the rooms for the money combined with the location were not bad. Additionally, there were no additional fees for my dogs which was nice.

That said, there is much more work that needs to be done. First, we booked a suite and upon arrival were told the guest staying in the suite decided to stay another night and therefore we were out of luck. This was the first problem. Then we had to call the front desk three times for our roll away bed. Then the only key we were given stopped working on day two. Then while unpacking, someone else opened the room door because when we checked in the computers were down and when they came back on line they forgot to input us in the room. This caused my 2 small dogs to go bananas, not good. Then the beds, I'm not sure about the upgrades I keep hearing about bed our bed was hard as a rock and the fitted sheet refused to stay attached to the bed. The bathroom was very small and somewhat dirty.

The location is convinient however a bit skethchy. Lastly, the free breakfast. I found the breakfast offerings to be lackluster as everything just seemed off, The juice was bland , the bagels small, the fruit was not fresh and the waffels we read about on-line were non-existant and on top of that it was a mob seen as every guest jockeyed for position to get their $60 dollars worth of free breakfast.

So if your just looking for an inexpensive crash pad downtown this may work. However, our experience had far too many issues for a one night stay for me to give a positive rating.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vwbug77
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here while up visiting his family for Thanksgiving, and I have to say this was a very pleasant stay. I swear I wanted to take the bed home with me, I havent slept that good, even when I stayed at a Marriott. The rooms were cleaned each day and fresh towels and condiments were changed out daily, which Ive never experienced such great service at any other hotel Ive stayed at. So I give this hotel an A+

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stayed at the LQ in New Britain for two nights while travelling through the area. It may not be a hidden gem, but still we were pretty happy with what we got. We had selected the hotel based on the previous reviews, basically looking for a place to spend the night in a clean, safe and quiet environment (coming from NYC where it had been noisy). We spent the first night at a very good price (which typically only applies to very old LQs) and extended our stay for a second night using Returns points.
Upon checkin we found very friendly front desk staff and our express checkin had already been prepared. We checked into a 1 King bedroom which was rather large compared to other properties (this not an original LQ). Furniture-wise the LQ is up to the latest LQ-standards (dark, quality-looking wood) and in overall good shape and maintained (although the hallways had a strange smell...). The room equipment was good and included a refrigerator. We faced the hotel's backside which is a dead-end road that was very quiet at all times. The surrounding areas left us in doubt: Whenever we were around the hotel they were extremely quiet, little traffic, no one in the streets, it was hard to determine whether we liked it or felt uncomfortable. We did prefer to park the car in the well-lit areas outside the lobby, but parking was limited. During both nights the hotel must have been pretty full, but there was no disturbing noise from any of the other guests, contrary to some other reviews here on TripAdvisor - just like any other hotel. Despite the number of guests we found the breakfast room to be large enough, the only hotspot was a waffle maker that apparently everyone wanted to use. The selection was OK, although others have a wider selection and more pastries. If you're looking for something other than vending machines and hotel breakfast, you'll need to drive around, there is not very much close to the hotel except for a pharmacy next door.
Our overall conclusion was pretty unanimous: good place to spend a night or two, nothing to do in the immediate vincinty, but given the price certainly an attractive offering if you're ever in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Yes, the price was great at only $46 a night but I would not stay there again for free. The front desk rents rooms to college age people that pack 10 to 15 into the room so they can party. I was moved to a different floor only to be awakened at 1:00 a.m. by screaming drunk idiots running up and down the hallways. STAY AWAY

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SDPocketAces
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I paid about $50/night for this room through the hotel's website so was surprised to walk in the room and find it bigger and nicer than many $150 rooms I've stayed in! Maybe it's the location, maybe they were doing renovations...I have no idea, but it was SUCH a good value. I was in a room with a king sized bed on the fourth floor. There was no noise which was nice. The area wasn't great but it was right off of route 9 which gives you easy access to Hartford as well as a nice shopping center a few miles away. A lot of my time in CT was spent in the room, however, so I was glad to find that it was comfortable. While it may not be luxury accommodations, it gets the job done for a fraction of what you'd normally pay. The staff was also very friendly and parking and internet were free.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2010

First of all there was minimum staff availabel to assit with issues. We had a clogged toilet and I was given the plunger to do it myself. Child became ill and room service refused even though the sheets were placed in a pastic bag to take sheets with them. We were all charged extra fees on our cards. Also after leaving hotel not sure who did it but i experienced fraud charges on my credit card. Suspicious charcters hung out in hotel lobby and parking lot. Would def not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010
Farmington Inn
#4 of 6 in Farmington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut

Been to Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain? Share your experiences!