“My Dad was right! Cappy dogs are the best!”
Review of Capitol Lunch

Capitol Lunch
Ranked #13 of 150 Restaurants in New Britain
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Growing up, my father always talked about Capital Lunch having the very best hot dogs. He passed away before we ever enjoyed going together. I recently was in the area, and sought out Capital Lunch. My Dad was right. They are cooked perfectly with the just the right amount of crunch on the outside. I tried the Cappy Dog, with the special sauce. Although I'm not a fan of sauces or chili on my hot dogs, I found it rather tasty and interesting. I also had my favorite, sauerkraut and mustard. Yum. So good. Did I mention that two dogs and a drink was around $ 5???? Can't beat it! Staff was friendly and efficient. Don't be thrown off by the area. Try it!

There are newer reviews for Capitol Lunch

Reviewed January 26, 2013

For people traveling through Central Ct, stop by Capitol Lunch for a great hotdog and more for a great value. They have the best meat sauce and the service is great, you can usually get in and out in less than five minutes.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you go to New Britain you need to swing by Capitol Lunch on Main Street for a couple dogs with mustard onions and their famous sauce... You order and within a minute you have paid (cash only!) and are ready to eat.. great family owned restaurant that has been around and will be around forever!

Could easily eat 3 dogs and a side of fries and a soda and still pay less than a crappy fast food combo meal...

MUST visit when in NB!!!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Having grown up in New Britain, CT and very familiar with Capitol Lunch, I might be one of the few who is not in love with their chilli dogs.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Don't be fooled by the outside. What is inside and what will soon be inside your stomach is worth it. Don't forget the special sauce. I bet you cannot eat just one