“This is the Chinese Restaurant That I Compare All Others With” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Great Taste Chinese Restaurant

Great Taste Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in New Britain
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indialantic, Florida
“This is the Chinese Restaurant That I Compare All Others With”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've eaten at Great Taste since they've opened and turned many people onto this place who have also come to love it. Their name says it all and it's in my Top 5 favorite all-time. Every dish is made as it should be from scratch - they don't use mixes where every sauce is the same with different proteins and veggies. Each dish has its own unique taste and texture. The service is as good as it gets and it's white table cloths all the way. You can have an intimate dinner for two or a large group and will be made to feel comfortable. Whenever we eat at a new Chinese restaurant, we compare it to this place. Since we've moved to Florida we especially miss it as we haven't found a place there that's anywhere near the quality and taste of Great Taste.

• Visited February 2012

• Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Well deserved good reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

It was a stormy Wednesday evening in September. The guys on the news said tornadoes possible but that didn't deter me from getting out. Crazy? Maybe.. hungry for chinese food, most certainly. Earlier I asked my client where I could find good chinese food, this after ascertaining that he knew good chinese food. The recommendation was Great Taste Restaurant in New Britain.

So out I went in the torrential rain - the only car in the parking lot except for that of the few staff there. From the outside you wont be able to tell how well appointed it is on the inside. The decor is upscale and everything is spotless. Booths on the walls and tables in the middle - not cramped, just the right number of table for the space. An older chinese man was my waiter, very polite. I told him that I eat a lot of chinese food and I would like a recommendation that has not been heavily adjusted to American tastes.

(Most dishes here are not authentic because Americans can't handle any kind of spice so the chinese alter the dishes. That's why you never have the same dish taste or cooked the same at differ establishments. You get their American-chinese spin)

He recommended the Dragon meets Phoenix - a spicy dish. I told him the chef need not worry about making it too spicy, make it just like he would if he was making it for himself. Well presented dish, nice sticky rice, a side plate with sliced fruit at the end. Well seasoned - no MSG, very tasty. The shrimp were large and cooked to perfection, chicken was also cooked well - thin strips, limp but fully cooked. My chopsticks sung that evening - It was a pleasure. The waiter was impressed when I asked for chopsticks and even more when he saw my skills - not bad for a Caribbean guy.

If I'm in New Britain again they will see me a few times for the week. This restaurant: Great place for a dinner date, Family, business or friends. Solo is good also but this food is best shared with guests because it is so good!

• Visited September 2012
Farmington, Connecticut
“The best Chinese food in the area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The food here is very good. It is not the usual rushed, delivery type food that we have come to expect. The prices are a bit higher, but it is completely worth it.

Visited October 2012
Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected New Britain's best of New England.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Not your average Chinese restaurant. Be prepared for a true meal experience, not the local take-away you might expect. They do a terrific take out business, but the restaurant is a true gem. Impeccable service, and Dave & Frank do their best to keep it the best Chinese food between Boston and New York, if not also better than any within the two big cities.....topped off by their wait staff which is the best. A monthly experience, and sometimes weekly.

Visited November 2012
Durham,CT
“the best chinese restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

if you are looking for outstanding food ,service like it use to be than one should travel to New Britain and eat at GREAT TASTE. Ask for John to be your waiter.Once you try their menu you will come back time and time again. I have been coming here for over 25 years with my family.
Never a bad meal. i truly believe this is one of the finest Chinese Restaurant in Connecticut!

• Visited April 2012