“Yummy!”

Dining options: Reservations
New London, Connecticut
“Yummy!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped today based on Trip Advisor reviews and enjoyed a great lunch. My husband liked the smoked kielbasa the best. I thought the potato pancakes were excellent! Try them!!

• Polish first
Killingworth, Connecticut
“Put this restaurant on your to-visit list”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Years ago my husband and I tried Staropoiska and were disappointed. So much so, that we did not return. Not until this past week; one of our favorite Polish restaurants closed and Cracovia was becoming somewhat of a let-down (nothing outstanding and meals served were only luke- warm at best). Our meals were delicious. The special white borscht was served steaming hot, filled with potatoes and sausage. Spicy, too! My potato pancakes were large, crispy on the outside and smooth/creamy on the inside - served with sour cream and applesauce. They too, as was my husbands veal meatballs with mushroom gravy/mashed potatoes, and a choice of side dish, served hot and with just the right amount of seasoning. Prices were reasonable, service was good, and off street parking a plus.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank pearl33814
CT
“Authentic Polish food, nice atmosphere, friendly service”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is a clean, friendly, authentic Polish restaurant, equally populated with Polish and English speakers. Staff was very helpful. The food is generally high quality, and the prices are fair for the portions served. Some observations:
- Chicken noodle soup was terrific
- Pierogies are wonderful - both boiled and fried styles
- Polish platter was very large - consider sharing
- Roast beef grinder was the least satisfactory of our party's choices - sandwich was dry

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Dave4_-_3W
Bristol CT
“Kiss me, I'm Polish!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I tried this shrine to all foods Polish for the first time this past weekend. My prior acquaintance with Polish cuisine has been limited to kielbasa, so I'm in no position to comment on how this stacks up as Polish food. I CAN say my meal was excellent! Purely in the pursuit of gastronomic science, you understand, I had the Polish Platter, the sampler. OK, they first bring out a huge potato pancake. With applesauce, and sour cream, natch--and a cherry on top! (Stop, you had me at "potato pancake!") Then out came a large plate, resplendent with three pierogies, a large galumphing golumki, the aforementioned kielbasa, and a bowl of bigos, hunter's stew. ALL wonderful, lip-smackingly so! My favorite was the bigos, bits of meat swimming in an entirely savory sweet-and-sour type sauce/slaw. Warsaw, I salute you!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Mark L
Bondsville, Massachusetts
“Best golabki”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

After reading a great review, we decided to go here for our periodic retiree luncheon. Since a number of us are of Polish heritage, it was not a tough sell. Although the menu contains more than just Polish dishes, everyone choose some ethnic plate. The cabbage outer wrapper has never been my favorite part of a golabki, but loved their cabbage. Not sure what was different, but it was probably one of the few times that I ate everything. The golabki also have plenty of sauce so catsup is not needed. Waitress was attentive and friendly. Others in the group had the pierogis and potato pancakes which also received high marks. Did not leave empty handed as two of us ordered meals to go for a future meal.

• Visited January 2014