“Chain BBQ doesn't make the cut.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Dickey's Barbecue Pit - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Bethlehem, Connecticut
“Chain BBQ doesn't make the cut.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Well, I have visited this place twice now. The first I tried to order ribs and was informed that they were out and wouldn't be restocked for an hour and a half. For an empty restaurant, you would think they would be able to manage their available quantities better. I ordered the beef brisket and cheddar sausage. Well the brisket was pretty good but the sausage tastes like it was off a shelf from a grocery store and was barely warm. The second time I went, I got the ribs. Sadly, I tasted the worst ribs I ever had. The seasoning was so so but the cut of meat was almost pure fat. Both times I got the fried onion tanglers and enjoyed them greatly but a good appetizer with some mediocre dishes aren't enough to keep me coming in when there is really good bbq just 20 minutes away.

• Visited November 2012

Prospect, Connecticut
“Boy Oh Boy - Gooood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife, son and I stopped by for dinner in the middle of December to try "the new place out". The food is awesome - but you need to like BBQ. Seating is limited and there is no table service so get there early if planning to eat in.

We sampled the ribs, pulled pork and the brisket. Generous portions, reasonable price and - finger lick'n good. Top this off with unlimited free pickles and ice cream.

I saw their advertisement for the whole Smoked Turkey and decided to order it for the family Christmas dinner - WOW. It was great, and the leftovers made great smoked turkey and bean soup.

Can't wait for the summer to use their catering service for a picnic.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank rflormann
Naugatuck
“Sticking to my ribs....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Awesome food. So glad that we have this type of restaurant here in Naugatuck now. Prices are good too. :)

• Visited July 2012