“Mixed Feelings”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
sarajane4
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I have mixed feelings about AZU. What brought us in there in the first place was the happy hour bites. When we got in the restaurant the hostess said in order to sit in the bar area and the only spot that was left was this tiny little short table which we would need to crowd four people around. I don't know why you couldn't order them at a regular dining room, the restaurant was very small and all flowed into each other. So we ordered regualr dinner items, and they all were very good. A little over priced but good. I would recommend it more for like a bar scene, if you are going out for drinks, and ordering appetizers.

New England
“Average with a capital A”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My partner and I came here with a large group of people. The room is small and noisy. The decor is very tasty and modern. We found the service to be slow, the food average, and the prices high. It felt like we were paying for building renovations. Waitstaff didn't seem happy to see us, though they received a large gratuity automatically added to our bill. Seems like it would be a good after-work drink spot, but once the dinner crowd comes in you'll need earplugs.

1 Thank magellan602
New york
“Pass on this place.”
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Noisy, nasty, loud and tight. It seems that this establishment wasn't intended as a restaurant but more of a teen bar. The Tapas menu looks great, if you can get it. I waited for over a half an hour for some ribs which turned out to be be cold in the center. I didn't complain since I was famished. But I had help from several bar patrons to my left who, between sips of their flasks, managed to finish off my meal. I sympathize with the bartenders in this joint. Avoid this place like the plague.

3 Thank taco58
St. Augustine, Florida
“Excellent tapas style dining”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife and I had several excellent meals here during our stay in Mystic. We opted for the "Bites" menu which featured tapas style selections rather than full meals. The selections weren't cheap, but the portions were fairly ample...three shared "Bites" with a glass or two of wine were adequate. All selections were excellent....fried oysters, lamb lollypops, nachos, calamari....great sauces. Service was excellent, we dined once in the dining room and once at the bar. It's a rather busy place so don't expect a quiet meal, but if you want something light with a nice glass of wine/beer it's a great place.

1 Thank breezdog
New Yorkers in Houston
“Management unresponsive”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Azu, Bravo Bravo, and Olio are owned by CK Restaurant Group. My son is getting married in June 2010 and I was looking for a rehearsal dinner venue. I called Azu and was told that "We do them all of the time and the manager will call back." After no return phone call for two days, I called a second time and was assured that the manager would call me back. Still no response. So I called Bravo Bravo and was told the same thing. Noone called back. At that point, I didn't try Olio, fearing the same situation.

One would think that in this economy, restaurants would welcome the business for a guaranteed party of 30. We were coming in from out of town and only had a few days to sample the food in Mystic, but we never ate at Azu. If they couldn't take the time to return a phone call, I felt they didn't deserve our business. There are many other venues in this town and we are happily booked elsewhere.

3 Thank Number9NY