“a Mystic Gem”
Review of Azu - CLOSED

Azu
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portland, Maine
“a Mystic Gem”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We wandered in without a reservation on the 27th and were promptly seated. Kudos to the front of the house for managing a busy Friday night crowd. Mariana was our server and she did an excellent job. We ordered a few appetizers to go with our drinks and were honestly surprised at the portions. The NE clam chowder was good as well as the fig pizza. The calamari bites were excellent and so were the mini burgers. Total with drinks was just under $60, which seemed pretty reasonable. Good food, nice atmosphere, excellent service, and value.

Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Delicious seafood @ great price!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant as we were walking around Mystic by the drawbridge. Small restaurant but thwur food was delicious. I hughly recommend the lobster mac & cheese for $17 which had the largest pieces of lobster I've ever seen in a dish. Their bread and oil were winderful. Service was decent wniugh. Prices were very reasonable especially their risotto & scallop special that was $10. They had a wide variety of dishes. I would go back here if ever in Mystic again.

West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I will give it to Azu. I've been here 2-3 times for drinks and apps at lunch time over the years and I always loved it. Salmon chips are amazing.

However, went here for dinner a few Fridays ago (SP Oyster House was booked) and it was not pleasant. I must be getting old because the noise drove me crazy. There were 7 of us (one of which was my 4 year old...more on that) and none of us could hear one another. Literally had to yell to one another and to the waiter when ordering food. They have a great happy hour deal from 4-6 and based on the volume of noise, people were loaded by the time we got there at 7.

As for bringing the kids....Way too much hustle and bustle for a toddler. The big indication that they don't want kids here is that there is NO KIDS MENU. Shame on us for thinking that this wouldn't be an issue. However, as I said, I've only been for lunch and (no pun intended) the difference between lunch and dinner is night and day.

As for the food. Eggplant tower app is awesome as are the grilled pizzas. I had the salmon entree and will say t was cooked to perfection. Can't speak for everyone else.

Sadly to say, this will be my last stop at Azu. However, don't take it from a 35 year old with a 4 year old in tow. If you like that scene, as I did n the past, you should give Azu a try.

San Jose, California
“Good place to dine”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had dinner here once during our one week stay in Mystic. The food was very good, the waitress attentive, the place was crowded, the atmosphere was nice, yes...I would go back to this one.

Visited August 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Right over the mystic bridge Azu excellent food but the it is a little cramped, table are very close together and it is very busy. The service considering how busy was excellent they do have a nice bar but gets filled very fast, if you have a large group you will need to get there early, the food makes up for the cramped tables, We had dinner food portions were a nice size and all three entrees were excellent.

• Visited August 2013