“Great hotel, great value!”
Review of Hyatt Place Mystic

Hyatt Place Mystic
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
New Jersey
“Great hotel, great value!”
Reviewed December 1, 2008

My husband and I spent one night at the Hyatt Place in Mystic on November 22nd. We had plans to visit Mohegan Sun casino. We tried to book a room at Mohegan Sun but they were completely booked. Luckily for us we found the Hyatt Place and booked it on Priceline. The hotel staff was very courteous and professional. Check in was very easy. Our room was very large, we had a king size bed and it had a large couch and a huge flat screen tv. Our room was very clean and quiet dispite being right next to the elevator. We have stayed at many five star hotels all over the country, as well as in Europe and the Hyatt Place was very comperable. The free continental breakfast with Starbucks coffee was great and the location was very convenient to the acquarium and Mystic. We will definetely return, probably with our children as well to enjoy the hotel and all that Mystic has to see and do.

• Liked — New and very clean
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
New York, NY
Reviewed November 25, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Place Mystic for one night on Nov 22, 2008. We were in town for a concert at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods. The MGM Grand room was so expensive we decided to look for another option in nearby Mystic. We used Priceline for a 3-stars hotel and we got the Hyatt Place in Mystic. The Hyatt Place Mystic worked out perfectly!
The Hyatt Place is located on Exit 90 off Highway 95. It is located just 2 exits from the MGM Grand Foxwoods. The distance between the two places is approx. 20 mins drive. The drive was bearable. After you get off on Exit 92 - you have to drive 8 miles to reach the Foxwoods casino. Both the Hyatt & Foxwoods have free parking so it wasn't a problem at all.
Check-in at the Hyatt Place was snap and the 1st floor room we got was very nice. We were given a 2 doublebed room with a huge couch that you can open. See photos on-line. The room was huge and I think you can easily fit 4-6 people in the room.
There was a small fridge, sink, & coffemaker by the living room space/area. The best part in the room was the huge LCD tv. You can watch the tv from the bed area & the couch area. Yes...the bathroom was a bit small and dark but the water pressure was fine. We got more than enough hot water.
In the morning, you get a FREE cont. breakfast which was a plus. *FREE coffee, bagels, cereals, and oj.
Adjacent to the lobby area is a small office area where you can assist the internet for free.
Last but not least, the Hyatt Place offers a free van shuttle to both casinos (Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun). *You get a free food/coupon if you go to Mohegan Sun but we did not take advantage of that.
Overall...I would totally stay at this hotel again if I visit this area. The Hyatt Place is a NEW, clean, comfortable place. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 6, 2008

This was my first time at a Hyatt Place hotel. The Hyatt Place at Mystic is conveniently located and accessible. It is just a stone's throw away from "Old Mystic Village" and about 1.5 miles from "downtown" Mystic, being located right off Greemanville Ave (Rte 27) which is one of 2 or 3 main thoroughfares running through the town.

The hotel hosts were all very friendly, sometimes to the point of being cloyingly so, but nonetheless mostly bright faces all in all and well-informed which is always an asset. My room was very nice and just as advertised; ie., just like you see in the pictures at Hyatt Place's website. Overall Hyatt Place is a very smart addition to the brand, being almost budget to midrange in terms of price, and for the amenities provided, a bargain in terms of value and deal. I would expect the same level of service and amenities at any other Hyatt Place I might go to. The inclusion of free WiFi is a wonderful plus, as is the in-room entertainment with the large LCD TV. Bathroom was on the small side but the vanity and wet-bar with their granite counter tops provides a nice, luxe touch. The hotel eating spot is convenient and the food is not too shabby - but not great either of course. The prices are a bit too high but that is to be expected. Delivery to hotel by area restaurants is limited with mainly only the pizza places providing reliable delivery (Dominos is next door, Mystic Pizza also delivers). I didn't order in from any other place but was told that the service is spotty so best to call ahead.

As for getting around town, hardly folks can walk to places in Mystic. Otherwise just consider renting a car. I had some good walks which I enjoyed as I also enjoy fall in New England. But the roads are mostly devoid of other pedestrians so it might feel awkward being the only one on the sidewalk as a steady stream of cars whizzes past you on Rte 27. I heard bikes are available to rent but don't know where though. As mentioned above, Old Mystic Village is more or less around the corner though you do have to cross a fairly busy intersection (which is near Rte 1). Downtown Mystic is nice and charming as can be expected of a small New England seaside town.

Overall I would give Hyatt Place @ Mystic 5 stars. For the hotel star level, the hotel is a very good value (as compared to say Holiday Inn Express and the likes), scoring some extra points for amenities and location, and for being new.

• Liked — accommodations, location
  • Disliked — dining options are fairly limited
  • Stayed October 2008
1 Thank huit90
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 30, 2008

We really liked the Hyatt Place Mystic. My wife and I got married at Harkness State Park in Waterford and even though this was a bit of a drive from Harkness we were happy we selected this for our main hotel. We would stay there again.

What we liked:
The rooms were large, modern, and very comfortable each with a small sitting area. The hotel was very clean. The lobby was perfect for hanging out and catching up with friends. The staff didn't seem to mind that people brought beers or cocktails down from their rooms. The complimentary continental breakfast was perfectly acceptable and better than most.

What we didn't like:
Each room had a large flat screen TV and that was great. The problem was that the picture wasn't all that great. There wasn't much of a selection in the way of HD channels. People weren't all that impressed with the cooked breakfast items they purchased.

• Liked — Comfortable, clean, and modern rooms.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2008

This hotel is well-placed for Mystic, has a great self-serve breakfast included with Starbuck's coffee. Bit of a blip when the reception thought the agent hadn't paid the bill but was sorted out extremely well by the excellent office staff.
Our room was a great size and very well thought out in its layout and interior decor.
Pool was welcome - could be better arranged to have some more pool-side space but nevertheless this is a really good place to stay and we'd have no hesitation returning.

• Liked — Included breakfast and decor
  • Disliked — Limited pool-side area....... but this is a minor point!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, SD
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I stayed at this hotel because it was the hotel that all wedding guests and the party stayed at.

We had a king size bedroom, and the size is amazing! It's definitely open and spacious. I loved the decor - tans, dark wood, blue and oranges. I LOVED the bathrooms, not sure why the others said it was dark, maybe ours was renovated - visually pleasing 'spa' blue wallpaper (I know.. wallpaper?) but it was really beautiful and I wished I could have a swatch to take home!

The huge TV was on a 'swivel'? so you could turn it towards the bed, or the sofa - which was nice.

The continental breakfast is decent and satisfying considering it's free. You have choices of bread, toast, bagel, muffins, cereals, various milks, juices, fruits - I can't remember what else.

But you do have the option of ordering hot food like eggs, for a cost. I went down to eat both days 15 mins before the kitchen "closed" which of course was when everyone else ran down so it was cramped, understandably. I am not sure if it is less crowded if you go earlier.

Staff was very courteous and helpful. They also had a little bar area right in the lobby, where you could have alcoholic beverages, like a little drink before turning in, along with some pastries, cookies, etc.

I didn't see the pool. But I was happy with the room, it was very comfortable and the location was convenient - with a gas station nearby, Friendly's restaurant, various seafood restaurants ( I loved 'Go Fish' - gorgeous, delicious food.

Stayed August 2008
Princeton, NJ
Reviewed August 25, 2008

The Hyatt Place in Mystic is a very nice hotel. All Hyatt Places look the same - very modern decor throughout. Hotel was very clean and the room was large and comfortable. Bed's were comfortable as well. Plasma TV was a plus. Continental breakfast was fine. Location is very close to Old Mystic (less than 1 mile) and downtown mystic (less than 2 miles). I would "definitely" stay here again if my plans ever bring me back through Mystic. For a place to stay you won't go wrong with the Hyatt Place in Mystic.

• Liked — Very clean and comfortable place to stay
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family