Hyatt Place Mystic
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$84
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$121
$107
Hampton.com
Residence Inn Mystic Groton(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$139
Residence Inn
$54
Hilton Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$129
The Whaler's Inn(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$169
Quality Inn(Mystic)
$98
Holiday Inn Express Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$121
Hotels.com
Inn at Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$88
$79
$248
Travelocity
1,203 results
All reviewsstarbucks coffeewet barsitting areashuttle servicefree breakfasttwo double bedsoutdoor poolegg sandwichvery nice hotelwould definitely stay here againpull out couchgreat place to stayroom was spaciousold mystic villageoatmealoff the highwaylocal attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our family stated at this hotel for one night while traveling up I-95. It was very conveniently located -- both right off 95 and very close to the center of town -- and a perfectly fine hotel for one night. The staff was extremely friendly (which is always a nice touch), and our room was very spacious for 3 people (two teens; one adult). The couch wasn't the cleanest looking piece of furniture, but the less squeamish of the teens had no problem sleeping on the bed while the other two of us enjoyed the very comfortable double beds. The bathroom is oddly tiny, but it is convenient that the sink and counter space are outside of the bathroom. There was also a little kitchenette area (sink, mini fridge). The pool was busy and sort of oddly positioned on the property (at the end of the parking lot), but the water was very nice and the hotel provides pool towels right there. When checking in, the hotel gave us a guide to restaurants, but we opted for a little seafood shack right down the street overlooking the water. It was great! Breakfast was included and was quite mediocre, but it would be fine for someone who eats toast, cereal, or bananas. One bummer: the coffee was not good! Overall, I'd recommend it to someone needing a place to stay near Mystic.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I rated this a 4 as opposed to a 3 because it is lovely for a hotel in such a high volume, touristy location - but there were some issues... Overall the hotel was great...great location; more than decent breakfast; generously sized rooms. There is only an outdoor pool, which we never got to use due to unexpectedly cool weather. After a day of binging on seafood, ice cream, and other treats, it was comforting to have a fitness center (2 treadmills, one elliptical, and a stationary bike) available. The staff was ultra pleasant. Also - kudos to housekeeping! We found our 3 rooms, as well as the entire hotel, to be scrupulously clean! The one major drawback: the beds!!! In all 3 rooms the beds lacked that Hyatt comfort; warped edges, sunken middles! The next day 4 of the 5 adults were cranky, and in pain, from an awful night and lack of sleep. We didn't approach the desk about this issue as it seemed the hotel was full; and figured we would only end up with rooms spaced very far apart. While I am sure that this Hyatt Place sees a high volume of business, I would still imagine mattresses would be replaced before they get this awful. I shouldn't long for my trip to come to an end because I will finally get some pain-free sleep on my own no-frills mattress at home. This put a damper on the whole trip for me, and for others in our group. Again - the rest of the hotel is lovely, as is the surrounding scenery. The location, and breakfast, are a plus. We also enjoyed being able to watch in-room movies on the decent TV's, despite the cost.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank WestchesterGrand
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hyatt Place in general is one of my favorite chains. They're very spacious rooms at a reasonable price. I love that you can rent movies in the room that are still in the movie theater even they're wicked expensive. The staff is very nice, continental breakfast is decent, but over incredibly early. There's a refrigerator in the room and a sink, but there's a shared microwave in the guest kitchen in the lobby. The gym is functional with 2 treadmills, an elliptical and a stationary bike. You can borrow a yoga mat and hand weights at the desk, but it's pretty sparse as far as fitness goes. The pool is outside, which stinks because we went on a cooler week and even though it's heated, 84 degrees when it's only 79 outside is not a super fun swim. I wish the pool was indoors. Also the king beds (or queen because they look small) were pretty uncomfortable. I was in a double bed room so I didn't have as much of a problem but I'm always in pain anyway so I wouldn't have noticed too much if they were worse than the others.

All in all, I'll come back here if I can't find someplace with an indoor pool. It's a good chain and this one definitely sees wear and tear because of the location but it's still decent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Found the hotel website while searching for hotels in the Mystic area and was pleasantly surprised. After our stay here, we booked a night at another Hyatt Place because we were so pleased. Rooms are very large, clean, and bedding is very comfortable. Nice to have a small refrigerator in the room. Front desk staff were awesome. They were so welcoming and pleasant. Failed to get her name, but on the morning of our second night's stay, I broke my eyeglasses and the clerk helped me in locating an optometrist's office that could repair them, she even got directions for me....above and beyond as far as I am concerned. Only con is the breakfast, it was just so-so, stick with the cereal and fruit. On the second morning, we decided to go out for breakfast so we would not have to deal with the rude people in the breakfast area (rude guests, not staff).

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, and it was very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Mystic (July 26-27-28). The hotel is quaint. They have free hot breakfast (more so a kitchen where you can help yourself to pancakes, bagels, toast, oatmeal, fruit). The staff was wonderful from the front desk, to the pool attendant. The pool is a little small but clean and was just the right size for us since we have small kids. The Mystic Aquarium is within walking distance from the hotel. The Seaport is just a short drive from the hotel (5 minutes). I would stay here again. The rooms were clean, the beds were very comfy, the rooms were spacious (especially with kids), they had almost a second room next to the bedroom which was the size of a living room...Clean, clean, clean. They actually allow pets at this hotel which I found odd, however it appeared that this area was a big pet lover population. In regards to the pets, we heard a dog muffle a bark and that was it. Never noticed anything else. Great, Great place for a mini vacation.

Room Tip: We had the first floor which was good, because of the kids we were close to the pool and the kitchen..what more could you ask for. Lovely, lovely place. You will have a wonderful time and stress free stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family