“Nice place to stay”
Review of Hyatt Place Mystic

Hyatt Place Mystic
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed April 3, 2012

After reviewing a couple of hotels in this area, we decided on the Hyatt Place because of it's proximity to the MGM/Foxwood theatres. The purpose of our trip was to see a show at the Foxwoods, we stayed one night at the hotel.

The location is excellent, right off the highway, gas, food, carwash in close proximity. Hotel staff very friendly, helpful and acknowledged my Hyatt Gold card status. They also accomodated a room request for the rear of the hotel (very quiet).

The room was clean and spacious, large TV and comfy beds. The bathroom could use better lighting and maybe a mirrored or frosted door to let the light in from the vanity area. The Foxwood/MGM theatre is exactly 8miles away, the hotel offers a shuttle at $15 per person, we opted to drive and parking at the theatre is free.

Breakfast was good, they had the usual fare, eggs, muffins, etc. The only thing we did not like was the maid woke us up at 10am, then the maintennance person came at 11am advising that there was a leak in our room to the other floor, it was almost as if they were letting us know it's time to go, did not like that at all.

Overall a nice, clean and quiet spot, within distance to everything fun!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back, it backs up to a huge retaining way not much of a view but very queit...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank classactforever
Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed April 2, 2012

The staff is amazing. We had no problems with them and they were all so friendly and helpful. The shuttle to the casino worked out perfectly. The hotel is very clean.

I only have a couple of complaints. One being that there is no heavy curtain to cover the window, just a sheer one. So the sun light got pretty annoying at times. Also, the bed was definitely not as comfortable as you'd expect. It wasn't terrible at all, but I did wake up with a stiff back both mornings.

The hotel is in the perfect location for every attraction in the area. Breakfast was good. We were really happy with it and will be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Having had 30 hotel nights thus year do far this hotel was best value and great amenities. Rooms large, big TV, nice living area, great beds. Breakfast was good with very friendly staff. Excellent location off I95. Close to Mystic seaport and casinos. Only upgrade would be ALL HD channels on TV. Large HD Tv only a few HX channels.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank jacksl
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This room was a great size. The pics that the hotel posts of the rooms are real.
It was clean and all of the staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I hosted a brial shower tea and picked this hotel, as the location was good- many guests were traveling from out of town and this is right off the highway. I selected from their catering menu the "assorted cookies,fruit and coffee/tea" - I could not believe what they put out for me to serve my guests - the assorted fruit consisted of apples and bananas that had started to turn brown (I expected a fruit platter with fruit cut up and easy to eat) and cookies that were burned. Luckily, I arrived early enough to run to the grocery store to get other food plus I had brought a cake with me. I paid $450 in advance, ($200 was for the room rental and the rest for the food) I notified the manager and was told her I expected a full refund for the food portion. She told me she would refund me $30 only because if "I had come in off the street and wanted coffee service only, the charge is $5.95 per person." I did not just come in off the street, I booked this event 2 months in advance. Plus I had to rent linens as they do not provide those.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank mary m
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Booked their buisness/conference room for a bridal shower tea - picked this hotel as it is right off the highway, easy for guests to find . I selected from their catering menu assorted cookies, fruit and coffee/tea. I was stunned with what they expected me to serve my guests The fruit consisted of a fruit bowl with apples and bananas (I expected a fruit platter with assorted fruits nicely presented) that were brown and the cookies were burned. Luckily I arrived early enough with time to run to a grocery store to get other food items I could serve and I had a cake. I contacted the mgr informing her I wanted a refund for the food. I paid $450 ($200 room rental and the rest for the food) and was told they would refund me only $30 because "if I had come off the street and asked for coffee service it would be $5.95 per person." I booked this 2 months in advance! In addition, I had to rent my own linens, they do not provide linens and spent almost another $100 in the additional food I had to get.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank meme1106
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Best place to stay in Mystic. We love the cleanliness, decor, breakfast, customer service, convenience, location. We've been coming for over 20 years & won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012