“Great New Year's Stay!”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great New Year's Stay!”
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We were going to Foxwoods Casino with a bunch of friends & decided to get the 2 Bedroom here at this hotel. I have been here before, so I knew what to expect. I like to use these hotels to add to my frequent flier account on American Airlines.

We checked in with no problem. You have to sign a form stating you are not throwing any parties in your room for New Year's or you get kicked out by security. Some people were tossed out later that night by security. They are strict on their rules and your money is not refunded.

I was given the choice of any of the 3 floors. I chose the ground floor and we got room 149 which was right next to the door to go out and into the parking lot. Perfect choice.

The room was fine. You walk in and immediately on the right is the kitchen. Ahead of you is the living room with a fire place (gas type). On either side of the living room are the bedrooms with the full baths.

Sparkling clean, no dust, dirt, etc. We dropped out stuff off & left. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but there's plenty of them within sevral hundred yards. Mystic is very small, there's several high quality hotels within hundreds of yards from you. Behind us right on the same property was Comfort Inn and across the street was Best Western and Days Inn. Again, higher standards apply with these hotels. This is Connecticut after all!

Well, we had dinner across the street at the Best Western & headed off to Foxwoods. We spent the New Year's up there & left about an hour after the ball dropped. (It wasn't as crowded there as it use to be for New Year's).

The next morning, they had free continental breakfast. They gave me my gas card which comes with the room deal of $10. So I got to put $10 of gas in my car for the drive home.

All in all, its still a great place, well upkept and no signs of wear & tear. I highly recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cassie4486

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
lehigh valley, pa
Reviewed December 10, 2007

This hotel was very clean, great rooms, friendly staff, and good location. Would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed May 2007
1 Thank strwberri
Boston, MA
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I booked the Residence Inn using Marriott Rewards points, so I can't comment on whether this is a good value or not, since I'm not sure the cost, but...

I thought this hotel was wonderful! The front desk staff was courteous and friendly. The hotel room was very clean - I've worked as a housekeeping manager before, so I pay close attention to things. This place was spotless! The suite was a great size, and better than I was expecting. We only stayed for 1 night, but this would be a nice place to stay for a while. There's a kitchen, complete with stove, microwave and dishwasher. Then there's a couch next to a working fireplace, even if it is gas. I thought this was a nice touch. My only compaint is the bed. It wasn't the most comfortable I've slept in, and my back ached the next morning.

The breakfast buffet is a perfect way to start the day. I love that they have hot items - bacon, eggs, and even make your own Belgium waffles....but get there early. Don't wait until just before they close it, as you'll run out of stuff to eat, and they will close it promptly at 10!

The hotel is in a good location to Old Mystick Village, Mystic Seaport, the Aquarium, and a short drive to the casinos.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and very please. If I'm in Mystic again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness and breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — The bed wasn't the most comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenvalet
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed September 25, 2007

This is a great hotel! The staff is very attentive and friendly. Great amenities including a hot breakfast. One of the best places to stay in Mystic.

• Liked — The staff, location, amenities.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank racewife
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed September 9, 2007

I frequently travel to this area for business and this is my #1 choice of places to stay. The location is wonderful, facility extremely clean and the staff just can't do enough for you. One time I arrived during a blackout and the staff was handing out flashlights to all of the guests as we checked in. There are "dinners" provided every weeknight which works well for people traveling with young kids. There are so many outstanding restaurants in the area, you really need to try a few of them. I recommend "Captain Daniel Packer Inn" , "Go Fish", "Steak Loft" and "Skipper's Dock" as really great places to try. Mystic Village is a really great place to pick up souvineers & trinkets for the folks back home. Make your reservations early as this hotel fills up quickly! One word of caution: If you don't like historical B&Bs, don't stay in the restored building in the parking lot. It does not have many of the modern conveniences but has lot's of atmosphere!

• Liked — Location, Service, Facility
  • Disliked — The restored historic hotel rooms
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank Geocaching Ace
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed September 5, 2007

We had a great stay at the Residence Inn. The room was nicely sized and great value. The TVs were a bit small though. The hotel staff was friendly and the breakfast was great, lots of choices and well maintained by the staff. The hotel is nicely located close to major highways and close to all of the attractions in Mystic, CT. No problems with outside noise, but the air conditioning was a bit noisy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank zoecatva
Phila. PA
Reviewed September 2, 2007

I stayed here for a few weeks in April and May. The hotel is wonderful. The suites are large and clean, nice size full kitchen with everything you need to cook a meal. The suites look like a studio apartment and it was very comfortable to stay in for days at a time. One week I had the whirlpool suite which was awesome and another week I had the fireplace suite which again was just perfect! I liked the suite that had doors separating the bedroom and living room area with two TVs and a pull out sofa bed. Perfect for a family.

This hotel really did have a 'homey' feeling. The staff is very nice. Free hot breakfast every morning was a delight. They also had a free small meal at dinner which was a nice surprise. If you don't eat a lot like me, this meal will serve as a dinner. One night I had a meatball sandwich that was so good. Another night was a BBQ with hot off the grill hamburgers and hot dogs. You can't beat this kind of service!

The pool, hot tub and exercise room was a great bonus to this hotel. There is also a nice green lawn area and basketball/tennis court. I wish every hotel I stayed in was like this one.

There is plenty to do in the area and several good restaurants. I liked the fact that it was easy to get around the area and the views of the rivers and lakes are beautiful. Unfortunately I didn't think to bring my camera because I stayed here for business.

You can't go wrong at this Residence Inn.

• Liked — Large comfortable clean room, free meals, felt like 'home'.
  • Disliked — Not enough food at dinner time to feed everyone. The food was free however therfore understandable.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business