“We will be back!”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Westfield, Massachusetts
“We will be back!”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

From the warm, fresh-baked cookies upon arrival to the spacious room, we were more than satisfied with the accommodations at this hotel. We will absolutely be back. I thought the value was great, and the hotel is right next to restaurants and shops.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
East Greenbush
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Two adults and two teenagers stayed here for 2 nights. Very nice front desk staff. Gave great recommendations for restaurants. Hotel may be a little dated, but our room was very clean. We requested a roll-a-way bed and it arrived within minutes when we entered our room, and no extra fee was charged. Our room said "no view" when we booked it online through Marriott, but we looked into a wooded area that very pleasant. Overall a great location. Maybe a 5 minute drive to the downtown area of Mystic. Can't walk into the town of Mystic, but it didn't appear to be many places that were walking distance. Parking in the town wasn't difficult. Our AC unit was a little noisier than most other hotels I've stayed in. Bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NYtravelingmom
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding in Westerly RI, and we were pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the room, the accomodations, the cleanliness. Two flat screen tvs and a full kitchen-best part was the comfortable bed and the QUIET a/c.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This hotel is easy to find. It is located righty odd I 95 at exit 90. The front staff is very helpful. They told us about fireworks in Groton and even ran off directions and brought them to the room! Breakfast is included and includes several hot options every morning.
The evening snacks on Monday to Thursday are okay, but the drink options in the evening are only sweetened tea or to buy something. It didn't really matter much because there are so many great places to eat nearby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank J7orman
Yorktown
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was our second time staying at the Residence Inn in Mystic. Both times we were attending a wedding and all of our friends stayed there too. No one had a single complaint!
The rooms were large with a full kitchen area. Brand new flat screen TV's, comfortable beds, and very clean, modern furniture- we were impressed. Some of us used the gym and again, all the equipment was updated and clean. The breakfast was very good, with everything you could want for a breakfast meal. We found the staff friendly and helpful.
We would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I'm a Marriott elite rewards member and stay at the Residence Inns often because I can bring my dog. I was in town for business so my husband and dog came along. I got a little nervous at the last minute reading some of the reviews, but overall the stay was good. We actually got an upgrade to a 2-bedroom which was great and appreciated (I had booked it awhile ago). The first thing I did was check out the floors after reading the reviews and did find a candy wrapper near the window...the room seemed clean otherwise so maybe the housekeeping isn't vaccuuming the corners the way they're supposed to. My dog REALLY was sniffing the carpet a lot, so I wondered if they had steam cleaned with the $100 from the last pet as they are supposed to. The other negatives were that the eggs didn't seem fresh at breakfast (even though I'm sure they were made that day) and the hot tub and pool water didn't look or feel crystal clear (I only went in the hot tub the first night). But I'm sounding too negative....because the room was really quite nice, with nice TV's in each, the kitchen stocked as usual and everything was in good working order. They were very accomodating to clean our room the one day we went out, the other days we asked for towels, etc. and they gave us whatever we needed. Breakfast was well stocked and the best part is the waffles. I thought the service was great, everyone was nice and accomodating. One other negative - there was a family staying above me (we were on the first floor) and I checked to see if they had kids and how long they were there (they're there for a month) 'cause the kids must have been stomping around....they also woke me up at 6:30am the first day I could hear them walking above. I'm a light sleeper so switched rooms with my husband so it wasn't so bad. We were on the list to be moved but they said it was sold out. So I would request the top floor here if possible, otherwise you can hear the walking, etc. But it made me feel good that the woman at the front desk really empathized with me about it too. Oh, and they had food out every night....we didn't eat it, but I was going to buy a single bottle of wine that they sell one night at about 5pm, and the front desk person first said to wait to see if he could get me a happy hour price, then told me at 5:30 it would be free! So overall, nice accomodations, decent breakfast (for free), great staff.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BB4th
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 22, 2011

This Residence Inn property is perfectly nice. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful at check in, and breakfast buffet staff were helpful, as well. Our 1-bedroom suite was clean, and they brought in a roll away bed so our two kids didn't have to share the sofa bed.

Two incidents made this a less-than-fantastic stay. First, the pool is so insanely over chlorinated that we all had bad allergic reactions after we swam. And we regularly swim at an indoor pool, so we're used to them. We all had very itchy eyes and red circles around them. Second, I logged onto the complimentary wireless network and within 90 seconds, my laptop was infected with spyware which had to be cleaned up by my corporate IT department. Not what you want to experience when using your computer at a hotel.

So I would recommend this hotel for rooms, staff, cleanliness, and location, but I would never swim in the pool or use the wireless again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Clarkthehorse
whgecomm, Manager at Residence Inn Mystic Groton, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
I would like to thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments and take this opportunity to address your concerns related to our pool.

We sincerely hope that the irritations you experienced were temporary and that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay.

Our pool & spa feature Saline (salt-water) purification systems. Saline systems are by nature environmentally friendly as they do not use harsh chemicals. The mild salt water is less harsh on eyes, clothing and skin and swimmers usually find the advantages of a Saline system pleasing. To maintain and keep our areas clean, associates perform a thorough cleaning of the pool, spa and facilities as well as check the pH twice daily.

During vacation periods and on weekends, the pool is heavily used. We suspect that due to the large volume of guests, each with different colognes, perfumes, body lotions, deodorants and soaps sharing the same pool, that it is possible for the combination of them to create an irritation for swimmers with sensitive skin.

We again want to thank you for your comments, and apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We constructively use all comments provided by our guests as we strive to always improve our service and create the most enjoyable stays possible.