“The Greatest Hotel Experience Ever!”
Review of Hilton Mystic

Hilton Mystic
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed March 6, 2011

From the moment I approached the Hotel Desk the staff made me and my family feel welcome. Check in was quick and smooth. The gentleman at the desk saw to it that our rooms were right next to each other as we needed 2 rooms to accomodate the seven of us who were visiting. The Hotel was absolutlely stunning and the experience was surreal. My grandchildren wowed the surrounding and everyone was very pleased. Upon entering the rooms, we found them to be roomy, beconing and absolutely clean. This was so important as I wanted to make this visit extra special for them and because the Hotel was 100%, it was a breeze. My hats off to the cleaning staff for maintaining an immaculate environment from the door. Not one dust bunny, no mold, nothing to complain about. Thank you Mystic Hilton for being so accomodating and friendly. We will definitely return and this time for a longer stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
saldridge076, Director of Sales at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience you witnessed at our property. I will be letting our staff know of your fantastic guest experience. We hope to see you soon back at the Hilton Mystic in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2011

This hotel is across the street from the Mystic Aquarium and close to other sites. The rooms are roomy and comfortable. Very quiet. Staff was ultra polite and efficiency.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your comments regarding the staff's politness and the rooms exceeding your expectations. We hope to you see you back at our property in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

This was the most difficult review I have written, because this place could and should be great, but really is run poorly, and that causes some inexcusable inconveniences.
We arrived on Sunday of Presidents week. Arrived at 5:30PM, and the rooms were "not ready." Mystic is a family destination, and we travelled far with two small children. Rooms not ready at 5:30PM? NOT ACCEPTABLE. So I ask for the manager, and front desk girl tells me "he is making beds so your room can be ready." OK, make the best of it I say, well where to wait?...the lobby and waiting cove are taken over by the cocktail hour of a wedding. So now, many tired families are sharing the same very small place with people in gowns and tuxedos drinking alcohol over the heads of our children who have no place to go. This is not smart, and NOT SAFE. For a while I kept my kids still so as not to disrupt anybody at the weddings time, but why should my family be put out because of poor hotel management? So, onward to the pool. We can try that. I get a pool key from front desk, and go to change...well girls bathroom at the pool is out of order....so walk back through the wedding to another restroom in the lobby. Get to the pool...HOLY COW..This place allows outsiders to throw pool parties. There are literally 60 or 70 people in the pool. No seats available, way TOO MANY PEOPLE in the pool to be safe or hygienic. I highly resent that the hotel that I am paying for allows outsiders to fill up the pool area. The pool is pretty, and the area warm and nice, but the pool itself is not big, and what good is that nice pool when you cant even enjoy it? Anyway, we go out to explore. Get a call 2 hours later (maybe 7Pm) that our room is finally ready...gee thanks. HORRIBLE check-in experience. We chose this hotel because stuff like this shouldnt happen at a Hilton.

Now some good...the hotel itself has a GREAT location. The rooms and hotel are clean. Staff seemed to try hard to do the best they could, although I feel management really hung the desk staff out to dry.

Next day we walk to aquarium in the snow. (Penguins loved it!) and had a great time. Come back to use the pool...no party Monday, so it was reasonable in the pool area. But, no towels. So the guy next to me calls twice to get towels over an hour. No towels. He leaves. I call twice over the next hour. The second call I was downright livid. It should not take 4 calls over 2 hours to get towels. i can tolerate 2 calls over a half hour, but 4 calls over 2 hours is RIDICULOUS for a hotel like this. It was about 8 degrees outside, and we didnt want our kids walking soaking wet through the lobby. I really laid into the guy at the front desk(again, this is a problem of management, nothing else.) I give up, and I walk my kids soaking wet back to the room. This front desk guy Tom shows up at my door very apologetic Tom is professional and friendly (he looks like the character Gabe from The Office.) He offers us free breafast for our troubles. I appreciate that, and I accept, although part of the fun of the area is eating at some of the cute cafes.

Arrive at breakfast. They charge $14 for adults, and $10 per kid if you have to pay. Breakfast staff was great. the food was not. In fact, for that outrageous price i found the food to be very similar to the "extended continental Breakfast" I had at a Homewood Suites two weeks before (see my review.) For $14 you get: mass produced scrambled eggs, potatoes, breakfast meat, and either pancakes(dry and hard) or waffles(also dry and hard.) There are some fresh fruits, some deli meats, some bagels and pastries(quality of continental breakfasts.) Assorted juices(nice,) yogurt and hot and cold cereal. Now, not a bad selection, but for $14 there should be more...like a fresh omelet station, maybe some fish(like lox,) or SOMETHING that is not mass produced and found at every continental breakfast in Mystic. Let me repeat, breakfast staff was excellent.

Back to the room...room was fine. Definitely clean, but not luxurious. Little things really could make it better...the rooms have space for 2 queens instead of doubles. Bedding was nice, but not top quality. Same for pillows. Same for the TV.

In summary, I really think that this is a nice place run very poorly. The price was not outrageous, but we chose this over the Hampton or HI Express for that little added Hilton luxury we wanted for this trip. IT WAS NOT WORTH IT! I must admit I didnt pay a fortune for the room. It would have cost slightly less to stay elsewhere. We made the best of it, as moving to another place with the kids during snow was just too inconvenient. The location can not be beat for doing family things in Mystic. I hope somebody reads this and makes changes to the way things are done there. As a Hilton Honors member who travels often I will be copying this review, and sending it to Hilton management, because I hope they fix this place back into what it should be. Until then I will stay elsewhere.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I called ahead requesting a flower vase than gave staff a reminder upon arrival, but not untill we made 3rd request after returning from dinner, did we receive it. Discovered the room had no hair dryer after a late night swim, again it took over one hour and three request to get one. On a more possitive note, the coffee supplies where not replaced our 2nd night and we made a call requesting coffee and cups, they responded within 5 minutes. For $170. per night, the rate of many 4Star resorts, this tired looking hotel has management asleep at the wheel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jamispro08
Reviewed February 1, 2011

The hotel was an over night stay but a nice experience. The room was big and clean and the bed was really comfortable. The bathroom was spacious, clean and the shower had good water pressure. The hotel provided Crabtree & Evelyn shampoo and soaps that smelled really good. The towels they provide were big and plush. The hotel staff was very friendly. I ordered a fruit basket from a local company to be delivered to the hotel. Two young men from the hotel brought it up to the room and sang happy birthday to us when they read the balloon that was attached to the basket. It was a nice touch that made us smile. We did not eat at the restaurant but we did get a cup of coffee to bring up to our room. When I went to pay for it the young lady in the restaurant said there was no charge. We thanked her and left to go to the room. We passed a cleaning lady in the hallway who said good morning to us, so again another friendly staff memeber. I was really happy with this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reginaern
Reviewed December 28, 2010

This Hilton is in need of a facelift. The lobby and restaurant are very nice, yet the halls and the room I was in was in need of complete renovation. I am Hilton Gold and was not offered an upgrade (even though the property seemed like a ghost town), I could have used a larger room, as I was traveling with my 2 kids.
The restaurant food was quite good for both dinner and for breakfast (yet a bit on the expensive side)....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Kiwi195, Director of Sales at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2010

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I will make sure to read your review during our staff meeting so that our staff can be recognized for their outstanding service. We look forward to having you back at the hotel. If there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let me know.

Amanda Silvia
Director of Sales

Reviewed December 16, 2010

Stayed Halloween weekend and was immersed in the festivities. Village across the road, as well as aquarium. Room very spacious and tidy, bathroom products good and clean facilities. Room service quick and staff friendly. Noted free internet on TV that did not work and was then charged very high rate in business centre which was very disappointing. Large hotel with weddings and conferences occuring. Did not have a car but close to bus stop to providence and nyc. More difficult to get to other parts of the area ( you really do need car).

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our Hilton Mystic hotel! We strive to provide an excellent experience for all our guests. We look forward to having you back soon.

Amanda Silvia