“Great place to stay near Mystic Seaboard and Aquarium.”
Review of Hilton Mystic

Hilton Mystic
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Nice hotel with plenty of nearby restaurants and attractions. I wished that I could have spent more time here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Kiwi195, Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2010

Thanks so much for this review and we do hope that you visit us again next year!
The Hilton Mystic

Reviewed July 11, 2010

I will definitely return to the Hilton Mystic. The staff was charming, and courteous to me and my husband. We weren't sure about resturants to go to, and stopped by the front desk for some reccommendations. The staff at the desk seemed to know a lot about every resturant and gave great personal opinions. The indoor pool was very clean and relaxing. I did have a problemn with my television, but a maintenence worker was sent up right away to solve the problem. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family in the future and I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! We hope you see you in Mystic soon.. The Hilton Mystic

Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stayed here for two nights and for the most part it was fine. The hotel is in a good location right down the road from the aquarium, maybe about 5 minutes from the seaport area and just a little further than that are the restaurants and mystic pizza.

We checked in early no problem, but when we got to the room we noticed the Air Conditioner was a little noisy. We figured we'll see how it is later when we get back to the room. It was still loud maybe even worse than before so we called the front desk, they sent someone right up to look at it and he said it needed to be replaced. Fine. They moved us right down the hall to another room and brought keys up to us.

The next day we went out for the day and when we got back to the hotel our keys weren't working which happens and as I'm waiting at the front desk the couple in front of us were complaining that their room was not cleaned yet. This is around 3 in the afternoon. Well we finally get up to our room and ours isn't cleaned yet either. Pretty surprising since they usually do this pretty early in the morning and this also isn't one of their bigger hotels. So again we call down and they send someone up.

So all in all it was fine, they just need to work on some things.

Reviewed July 5, 2010

I checked in last night for a fun couple of days before my wedding with my maid of honor. We had originally asked for an early check-in, and ordered wine and cheese for the room. When I realize we had travel delays, I called (trying to be couteous) and notified a young man at the front desk and asked if we could postpone the wine and cheese until the next night. Well when we did arrive, the young lady at the front desk promptly told me we had no reservation and we must be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Groton. I said "No" and explained I had just spoken to someone a couple of hours ago. She proceeded to start arguing that I was staying in Groton, until I read off the hotel's phone number that I had stored in my cell. THEN she asks someone else, who looks in some file and says , "Oh, she's already checked in". I said, "How can I be checked in, I just got here". So this girl looks at me and says "You're checked in" and just stares at me!!!! So then I have to convince her that NO I DIDN'T CHECK IN. When a THIRD person somes out, he starts explaining the mistake, which was caused because they needed to charge me for the cheese tray (which I cancelled)! So I'm exasperated at this point and say "Look, I just want to check in to my room!", so the third guy literally THROWS my room keys at us! I asked if we were checked in and I try to hand him my credit card and and he looks at it and hands it back! I have no idea right now if the room rate is correct or not!

We go to the room and this plate of cheese, which looks like it had been sitting out for hours, and a tiny bottle of white wine (we wanted red) is on the desk in the room! We didn't get the extra towels we ordered ether. So they come up and get the diner plate of slimy cheese, and a second guy brings us towels, and we settle in. We had one set of body products to split between the two of us and the shower curtain has fallen out of the ceiling two or three times. Oh, and also the remote doesn't work for the TV! They parked us right near the housekeeping room, so I was woken by the banging on the wall.

I might add that I'm a Hilton Diamond member. If this is how they treat their best customers, I'd hate to see how they treat anyone else. If everything is rectified by lunch, I'm checking out. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank marty99x
Reviewed June 17, 2010

This was our 2nd trip to the aquarium and having stayed at the Hilton last year, we stayed again as it is so convenient. Upon check in, we dropped off bags, changed and took the kids right to to the pool . The pool was great, warm and perfect. Back at the room, however, we noticed the bed cover had ink stains, and small hole. The bed skirt was stained. The floor had few sunflower shells on it. The bathroom was not up to par - the ceiling was coming away above the shower, the curtain was mildewed, and there were hairs in the tub. At this point changing rooms for one night would have been a nightmare as the kids were wet from the pool. The beds were terribly uncomfortable - no support and one person sitting on them caused a cavern in the mattress making sleeping so hard as we were sharing beds. In the morning we discovered there was only one coffee cup yes, a small issue, but we paid almost $200 for one night!. This was NOT a $200 room and we will stay else where when we come again. To be fair, we did not notify the staff until we checked out as by the time we discovered the problems, it was too late with wet kids and bedtime to try to move for the night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Kiwi195, Director of Sales at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2010

Dear Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hilton Mystic. I wish you would have mentioned your concerns to our staff so that we would have a chance to make it right for you and your family. As part of the management team, we take all comments seriously and do share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve. Please think about giving us another try.

Sincerely, A Silvia - Director of Sales

Reviewed June 2, 2010

We booked this hotel online for a night and got a wonderful deal because we reserved it 2 months prior to staying. We decided to stay here for the night because we were getting married and couldn't get time off to go on our honeymoon right away and wanted to do something fun, so we went to the Aquarium and the shops. We're going to Playa Del Carmen, June 2010 for our delayed honeymoon! Anyway, we got here and checked in with Kimberly at the front desk, she said to me, those roses are beautiful, I thanked her and told her we had just got married. She congratulated us and said another couple was staying here that had got married the previous year and stayed here on their wedding night. We went up to our room, which was very spacious and comfortable, then we had a knock at our door and we had only been in there 5 minutes. My husband went to the door and they upgraded our room to a jacuzzi suite. We called Kimberly and thanked her, we thought that was so nice. 10 minutes later there was another knock at our door in the new room and they sent chocolate covered strawberries and 2 free drink cards for the bar downstairs. So later on we went down to the bar and it was very cozy. They had classic rock playing and a fireplace going. The lighting was very suttle and the chairs were so comfy. The food was great, gave huge portions. We had a great time staying at this hotel and found the service to be exceptional. Also, the location is great for the Aquarium and shops...right across the street. Thanks again for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed a night in Mystic, and we stayed at the Hilton, it was great. The rooms were spacious and clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. There was a nice heated in door pool, it was great to take a dip in at the end of a long day. There was a fitness facility, and a lounge downstairs, and a resteraunt. The hotel was very nice inside, and had the capacity to hold weddings and meetings. The service was excellent there was a bellman right as you walked in to help you. The Location was great it was right across the street from The Olde Mystic Village Shops (which include resteraunts), the aquarium, and a Starbucks, some other shops. I really enjoyed my stay and the only problem I has was I could hear the tv in the next room, I don't know if they had the tv up really loud or if they were thin walls,but our doors were right next to each other and I could hear them every once and a while. I would def reccomend staying here, it was really nice.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Kiwi195, Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2010

Thanks for your review.. Look forward to having you back to the Hilton. Sincerely, A Silvia - DIrector of Sales