“Rooooooooooar!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Stonington, Connecticut
“Rooooooooooar!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

On this recent trip I stayed in a number of hotels and this was the most conventional, except for a Hampton Inn and the most upscale.

Glasses, not paper or plastic... always a plus.... good location for Mystic attractions including a walk to the Aquarium and a short ride to the seaport. Good exercise room, unfortunately the bike was out of order....not a bad restaurant...
Now for the down part... I understand that individual room heating and cooling units save the owner money......however....... when the unit kicks on every 10 minutes or so and between the compressor and fan has a 90 db noise level... rooooooar! its less than a wonderful experiance.

This is true especially since the newer down scale Hampton that I stayed in the next night seemed to have this under control.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonMystic, Rooms Division Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. I recognize that they are numerous options for accommodation and we truly value your business.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to provide both Hilton and Trip Advisor readers with your feedback. My staff and I strive hard to provide the best in service and accommodation, valued feedback such as yours help us better our service and product so as to achieve this goal.

Thank you again for choosing Hilton we look forward to welcoming you on a future stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Barcelona
Reviewed January 30, 2013

A van picked me up at the train station and took me to the hotel. I was expecting to have to wait to check in. Wow, to my surprise my room was ready and it wasn't even 12:00 PM. I was very happy with the service. When I asked about restaurants nearby , I was given a 3 page listing of nearby restaurants and they were excellent. A special menu, was planned for us so that we could have our lunch and return to our classes. The food was good. I also was able to purchase tickets to the aquarium at a reduced rate. What a surprise that was. Saved a lot of money. My group had left the hotel earlier and I was going out to eat alone and was offered the Hilton Van and I was driven to a nearby restaurant of my choice. I was told by the driver that he would be back to pick me up. When it was time to go to the train station I was taken in the Hotel Van. There was no building to wait in, it was late at night and very cold. The driver waited with me till the train arrived. What a great experience. Keep up the good work and keep your excellent staff.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the second floor close to the elevator. It was quite where I was.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonMystic, Rooms Division Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for selecting the Hilton Mystic for your recent visit. We are pleased that you chose to stay with us, and thrilled to see that your stay was enjoyable.

Feedback from Tripadvisor, is a great way for me to reward the staff for a job well done and for them to be acknowledged by both Hilton and Trip Advisor readers. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to your Shuttle Driver so that he is aware of the positive impact he had on your experience!

Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you in the future!
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The complete lack of internet access in the room was unacceptable. The business center could not be used because it was unheated and it was six degrees outside. Could not even sit in the center with a coat.

Room Tip: If you are traveling for business don't count on having internet access in your room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We recognize that they are numerous options for accommodation and we truly value your business.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to provide Travelers with your feedback on our Hotel. My staff and I strive hard to provide the best in service and accommodation, valued feedback such as yours help us better our service and product so as to achieve this goal. All of our Guestrooms offer complimentary WiFi I will be sure to pass on your experience with our Network Team so that they can ensure that all Guestrooms are currently active for Internet. The Business Center is heated, however, due to the amount of windows and vaulted ceilings it is always coolest place in the Hotel.

New york city
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at the Mystic Hilton for 2 nights and thought it was great. The rooms are nicely appointed, the staff courteous,and is in a great location. You can walk to shopping and the Aquarium. Best of all, our ten year old loved the indoor pool and went swimming every day. We have stayed in other nearby Mystic hotels , but think this is the best!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Albany, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Fantastic option if you are visiting the mystic area and want to be close to everything. It's literally across the street from Olde Mistick Village and the Aquarium. It's 5 minutes from the seaport and Mystic Pizza. It's a Hilton so it's nice - not a dumpy vacation hotel. Very nice staff and the hotel is in good condition.

Room Tip: There aren't many side doors so the main entrance is where you'll come and go from. Parking...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Cumming, Georgia, USA
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Wasn't sure what to to expect when we were told this is where the family was staying. We enjoyed our stay. Nice room but seemed to be miles away from the elevator until I became accustomed to the location. Most of us met for the breakfast buffet each morning. Good food and reasonably priced. Appreciated the internet-enabled computer in the lobby area since we didn't bring a lap top and ended up needing to access a few things while we were there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review, I am delighted to read about your wonderful experience with us. It's great that you were able to take advantage of some of our services such as the complimentary Business Center.

Thank you again for staying with us!
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

From the complimentary breakfast to the lounge for dinner, this place is a one stop shop. The staff are friendly & the facilities are convenient to shopping & other restaurants. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2012
HiltonMystic, Rooms Division Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your overall satisfaction is very important to us, I will be sure to share this with the team as they love when a guest has a great overall experience.

Tripadvisor, is a great way for me to reward the staff for a job well done and for them to be acknowledged by Hilton and Trip Advisor readers.

Once again, thank you for staying at the Hilton Mystic Hotel. If you ever need anything, please feel free to contact me directly. I look forward to seeing you on a future stay.