“Attractive but loud...”
Review of Hilton Mystic

Hilton Mystic
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very clean and attractive hotel but loud by design. The rooms do not have recessed front foyers so everything going on in the hallway feels like it's going on in your room. A lot of slamming doors and voices in the hall starting early in the morning. The location is convenient to the highway but not very close to the village of Mystic. Decor is updated and attractive and the staff was friendly and professional. A little pricey for a poor night's sleep.

Room Tip: I'm guessing that all of the rooms are loud because of the layout. We were on a hgh floor but i...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HiltonMystic, Rooms Division Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, and thank you for complimenting our staff. You are correct, the downtown area of Mystic is 2 miles away so it is a pretty long walk, but if you have a car or choose to take our hotel shuttle (which is free) downtown it only takes a few minutes to get there. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Mystic

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed one night here before a wedding. My mom was supposed to stay with our children but because of her health she could not. We had booked a king room and brought our girls with us and an air mattress just incase. I notified the front desk upon check in that we had to bring them and explained the circumstances. They were more than ok with it and even offered to send in some roll aways since there were no more rooms with double beds available. I called for extra towels and pillows and had them within 10 minutes. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone, it is right across the street from the Mystic Aquarium and there is a Starbucks in the next lot over. My girls loved the pool and had a blast in it. I would suggest new mattresses, ours was very firm and we like a softer mattress, only other complaint would be the doors slamming in the hall, very very loud.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I'd like to thank you for submitting your review of the Hilton Mystic, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And like I have mentioned many times before, I like to hear that our staff went out of there way to make sure everything went great with your stay. I will check into the slamming of the doors to see if we can come up with a solution. I hate to have someone’s vacation not to be an enjoyable experience due to slamming doors.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Mystic (CT) on Friday, September 21, 2012, for one night. Because we used Hilton Honors points, we stayed in the King Room with Whirlpool Tub.

At arrival, neither of the two young women at the front desk acknowledged me. Neither seemed to want to be bothered with checking me in. I waited until one finally raised her eyes to meet mine (by the way, there wasn't anyone else around waiting to check in, just me). Check-in took no more than three minutes. Because we were staying just one night, we didn't need help with our bags, but no help was offered, either.

We walked down the hall to the elevators (two). One was out of order (it was operational when we were leaving Saturday morning).

Our room, #345, was bigger than most. It wasn't a suite, but had a love seat and a chair and ottoman. The air conditioner was on, and I lowered the temperature to cool the room further. We checked the bed for any sign of bedbugs and found none.

I opened the cabinet where the refrigerator was and the door almost came off in my hand.
The bed looked a little dimpled but clean.

The bathroom had a toilet and large, deep Jacuzzi-type tub (oversized) and hand-held shower attachment and "gold" fixtures.
There was rust on the baseboard radiator in the bathroom, cracked glass in the windows, and electrical tape covering other presumed cracks. This in a room that would normally run $279-$293/night.

My husband and I went out for the evening and returned around ten o'clock. I took my shoes off and walked over to the window. The carpet was all wet! All around the A/C, the carpet was wet. I was ready to call the front desk, but my husband didn't want us to be moved so late at night, and probably to a lesser room. We made sure our bags were on the sofa.

I took a shower and when I replaced the hand-held shower, part of the "gold" fixture fell off. It was gold plastic, which seemed pretty symbolic. Not the gold standard, just cheap plastic made to look fancy.

We checked out in the morning, and when I told the young woman at the front desk about the soaking-wet carpet, she looked up and said, "okay." I stared at her. She added, "okay, thanks for letting me know," and went back to her paperwork.

Read the reviews here. There are a lot of options for hotels and inns in Mystic. I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend anything here
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissFribourg78

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not a satisfactory one, please understand that this not normal practice and everything mentioned in your review will be addressed. I apologize for not delivering the product you have come accustomed to receiving from the Hilton brand over the years and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hilton in Mystic Ct. When we first arived the room that we were given had a giant stain on the rug as soon as you walked in. I was immediately turned off by this. I asked for a new room and thankfully I was given one. The next morning we left the hotel at 9:00AM to do some sightseeing. We returned at 4:00 PM to find that our room had not been cleaned yet. When I questioned the housekeeper on the floor I was told that our room was not a priority. I immediately went down to the main desk where I started to speak to the very nice young man there who started to apoligize, he was then interrupted by the hotel manager who told me that I misunderstood the housekeeper. What she meant was that they put priority on the rooms being vacated so that they can accomadate the early arrivials. I then asked him why they would do that when I am already staying there and have paid alot of money for a service that I am not getting and he told me that this was the policy and it was too bad if I didn't like it. We checked out that next day! I called the Hilton customer service to report the incident and I was told that this was definitely not a Hilton policy and that I would be receiving a free one night stay at any Hilton of my choice. Well, that was almost 2 months ago. I have still not received the certificate and I have made numerous calls to them. I always get the same answer. "I am sorry it will go out in the mail immediately". I have never been told that it has gone out..........Really??? I will never stay at another Hilton again and I suggest you don't either. Guests do not come first!

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rainbow301
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I thought I'd let everyone know who may stay at this hotel regarding the following complaint I emailed to customer service at the Hilton.

Please lock up your stuff at the front desk if your stay at this hotel.

"To Whom It May Concern, I just got back from my recent trip to Mystic, CT on business. I stayed at a Hilton and I am a Hilton Honors award member. Sadly to say I want to report that some items were stolen were from room. I didn't want to complain unless I was sure and got home and double checked, BUT yes, someone who cleaned my room on 9/19/12 (I stayed for only 2 nights) thought I wouldn't notice that my MAC and Urban Decay makeup disappeared from my makeup container. I am a very anal person and know what I carry. I know that hotel isn't responsible for stolen items in the hotel, but why would I put my makeup container in a safe deposit box at the front desk when I need to use it every morning. Nonetheless, its makeup. Maybe the housekeeper thought I wouldn't notice because I had 2 of these kinds of products in my container? I hate to accuse and never had a problem at a Hilton besides that I lost a camera at one of your hotels as well and know that housekeeping took that also when I checked out this yr in Orlando. I just thank god that it wasn't another camera that got stolen. I travel a lot and use your hotels a lot and wished everyone of your staff was honest, but that's impossible I know. I was just sad it happened to me. I stayed at Marriotts and other hotels without any incidence. Maybe it's just a coincidence that it was your hotel brand. I just wanted to make you aware that whoever cleaned my room (Room #441) that morning will only do it again to someone else and it might be more expensive than makeup. A disappointed customer, Veronica"

Also make sure you stay in a room away from neighbors - walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from someone sneezing next door, tv, shower and when they use the bathroom.

Room Tip: Stay away from neighbors - walls are paper thin. Only stayed 2 nights so don't really know which...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank veronica y
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good hotel, but needs a little TLC. For a 'higher quality' name like Hilton, the drain in the bath tub should not be slow and have the tub fill up with water when taking a shower. There should not be 'silver fish' bugs crawling around in bathroom. The game room was very small and there were candy wrappers all over the floor.
I also didn't like the fact that the AAA website advertises the room for $189 a nite during labor day weekend, 2012, and the hotel reservation desk said with the AAA discount it would be $197. They would not honor the website price. Not good for business. On the flip side, the beds were comfy and there was a descent flat screen tv. We will probably be staying in the Comfort Inn down the street where the price is less and the amenities are just as good.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevator. You can hear the activity all nite
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank laurie n
HiltonMystic, Rooms Division Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. The only thing I can think of with the price difference is that during certain times rooms with two beds are $10 more than rooms with one king bed. About the housekeeping issue, I wish I knew when you stayed, what room you stayed in, etc. If you have a moment I would greatly appreciate it if you could call the hotel and ask for me so I could get more information. Our phone number is 860-572-0731.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Mystic while visiting family in the area. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the room was very clean. The hotel staff was amazing, even those who I passed in the hall. When I checked in and the two agents at the desk were very friendly and helpful. Even when I wandered down to the front desk late in the evening, the two ladies who were on were again, very friendly. At check out, the girl at the desk was very polite and asked how my stay was. I was happy to report that it was wonderful. I did not try the breakfast, but it looked delicious. One thing that I should mention is that the hotel's location can't be beat, it's right across from the aquarium and Olde Mystick Village. There are plenty of options for meals and shopping. It's fantastic!

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for posting your review of our hotel, it is always great to hear compliments regarding our staff. Hope can come back and see us again soon.