“Very Nice Hotel - Cab to Casino”
Review of Hilton Mystic

Hilton Mystic
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Booked a room on PriceLine and landed here. Ended up getting a room for $89. Had a very nice indoor heated pool. Nice rooms although small bathrooms. No complaints at all especially for the price I got. We got a cab to FoxWoods which was about $25 each way so not super close but I dont think many hotels are close to Foxwoods. Walking distance to the aquirium, Mystic Village and some other shops (all literaly across the street). Only stayed one night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very happy to see that you were pleased with your stay. I am glad to see that you found our location to be convenient to your needs. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

This hotel is truly phenomenal. I came to Mystic for 4 nights with my family to visit downtown and go to the casinos. I originally had a reservation at the Howard Johnson down the road, but upon arrival, I realized the rooms and staff were very dirty and unfriendly. After one night at the Howard Johnson, I left and stayed at the Hilton Mystic.The staff truly is the definition of hospitality, especially the front desk. The front desk manager, Jeff, was very friendly and helpful. He checked me in and could answer all my questions. I went up to my room to find it was VERY quiet and the beds were amazing. The bathroom is a little cramped, but that's not a main issue. The TV's were much better than the one's at the Howard Johnson. I called down to the Front Desk to ask questions about restaurants and transportation, and Anna was very helpful. She brought a few menus up to our room for us and gave great recommendations. When we checked out, Corinne was very sweet and answered our questions about the Aquarium. We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Mystic and look forward to coming again this summer for the beaches!

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor, very quiet, rooms spacious and very clean
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LConrad
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Everything was very clean, and the staff was awesome. I requested a room that faced the sunrise and it was made possible. The staff is young and eager to please with a heavy focus of tending to each guest's needs. The only thing that got me, was the fact that I could not print from the business center computer, but they were able to print from their own computer to compensate for that. If you are staying at Mystic, this is the place to stay, across the street from the aquarium and all of the 60 plus shops, and very accessible to food all over. If you do not want to travel much this hotel puts you in the hub.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank qb200
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am very happy to see how pleased you were with your experience at our hotel. I am glad you found our location to be convenient to your needs. We hope to see you again soon, should you return to Myctic.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Just got back from 4 night stay and I was so pleased with this hotel. The price (we booked on Expedia for best deal) was awesome. Room was very clean (I normally would never use the top comforter but I actually did this one, it was clean and white, so it would have showed dirt.) But the best thing was the employees, so helpful. On Saturday it snowed and so I had a friend come visit. We decided to just sit in the lobby and get pizza delivered (between hours of food service). They got me menus, they go us plates, napkins, bottle openers. I kept going back for things and they were so nice and helpful It was 2 young ladies working around 1pm on 1/21/12 if management is reading this. Please let them know we really appreciated the service/help. Then that night my family was gone and it was just my daughter and I. So I called down to front desk and (I think the manager) drove us over to The Steak Loft (great place to eat) and then when we were done picked us back up in the hotel shuttle.
Also the breakfast was pretty good I heard but expensive. (But hotel breakfast's are, so no surprise. We did not eat it, we went over to McDonald's that is just on the corner, so very close.) However we could go in and get coffee each morning without purchasing breakfast, so that was a great feature. The lady who worked each morning there was so nice and one morning I got there late and they had just put away coffee, so she went and got me some. Again great service.
Also the Aquarium is accross the street and seems great. We went over on Saturday and they let us in free since outdoor exhibits were closed and they were closing in an hour. But what we saw of it was great and I would definately go next time to see all of it. (Cost was $29 adult and like $16 children if you had to pay. I think 2 and under was free.)
So yes please consider this hotel when you are booking in Mystic.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank liblaura
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am very happy to see how pleased you were with your experience at our hotel. I will be sure to let the appropriate staff members know that they had a positive impact on your stay. We hope to see you again should you return to Mystic.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We checked in around 5pm without any problems. There was no bellhop there to help with anyone's luggage even though there was a concierge/bellhop station there. There was no luggage carrier to be found. It was freezing cold in the lobby. We went to the room and upon exiting the elevator we saw two little children that were running around the floor and ran back to the housekeepers cart. I am not sure if those were her children or not but they were quite busy and running around. The room looked comfortable but had a peculiar smell in the room that resembled a slight wet dog smell. It was just at the entrance of the room so I am not sure where it was coming from. The night was restful. They pretty much made sure they met all of my special requests. We purchased the breakfast buffet the next morning which was well worth it. They weren't completely set up, no milk, no hot water, no bowls...The potatoes were really spicey hot. When there aren't two choices the main starch should have been more mild. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. Overall a nice stay.The night we checked in we ate across the street at the Equinox since the hotel dining facilities were too expensive.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see that we were able to meet your requests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Recently stayed at this property with friends for 4 nights and used it as a "base camp" for daily trips over to Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun casinos.
The location of the property was fine for our daily trips to these 2 casinos ( they were approx 15 - 20 miles away ) and very near other local attractions such as Seaport village and the aquarium. The area is very New England style architecture and a charming blend of a seaport area with forested and hilly areas nearby.
The facility had friendly helpful staff both when requiring directions and small housekeeping requests. We did not eat at the hotel but there is an onsite restaurant and nearby diners and a shopping mall with better restaurants available. We enjoyed breakfast at the nearby Equinox diner twice and all other meals we had at the casinos.
The room was roomy with flat screen TV with lots of channels, desk space ,coffee maker and the king bed was comfortable with good quality linens. The washroom was fine with tub/shower but small and the door swing makes it cramped.It is a no smoking property which was nice after hours in smoke filled casinos. Towels were a nice new quality !
Daily USA Today newspaper and internet access was also available.

We would certainly stay here again to avoid the severely overpriced casino hotels !
Brian and Pavinee

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Larson-7
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see that you found our hotel to be a convenient option for you. We hope top see you again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

The hotel was ok. We stayed in room 212. I wouldn't call the tub very much oversized but It was hard to get into the shower. The blinds were dirty and broken and didn't go to the bottom. Even though the window has a privacy glass, I still didn't feel any privacy. The Brass coverings over the toilet paper rolls need to be cleaned or buffed or removed all together. They seemed dirty.

The Room its self was ok. WE could here very word our neighbors said, just like we were in there room with them, not nice to wake up to at 3am. Also heard the people above us walking around in the early AM sounded like they were going to fall on us. When the door next door shut it was LOUD!

The reason we choose this hotel was for room service. The only down fall it doesn't come on a cart and there is no tables in the room to eat on. There is a small end table big enough for one person, but we made do. The food was really good

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. Thank you for addressing the issues you had during your stay. It is feedback such as yours that allows us to pinpoint problems in order to deliver extraordinary guest service. I am happy to see you enjoyed the quality of your room service order. I will be sure to share your feedback with our managment team in our weekly meeting.