“Nice place to stay”
Review of Hilton Mystic

Hilton Mystic
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I came here even though I read some not so nice reviews on Tripadvisor. I have to say that we didn't find anything wrong with this hotel. If you are looking for a five star hotel on the ocean go to Maui. If you're looking for a nice place to stay while you explore Mystic Seaport and Mystic Aquarium, then this place is perfect. Both attractions are very close to the hotel so its very convenient. The room was spotless, as was the bathroom. The furniture looked fairly new. We had a big screen TV with cable. Also has free wifi which was nice so I could FaceTime my kids on my iPad. We got the bed and breakfast package which included breakfast. The meal was very good. We had the breakfast buffett both mornings and not only was there a nice variety the food was hot and delicious. The staff was also very friendly and nelpfull. If I have anything negative to say its that the bed was just a little too soft for me only because I have back problems and I need a firm mattress. My wife didn't seem to mind at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is away from the elevator and on the top floor if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I had business on the CT & Rhode Island border so I booked a room at the Hilton Mystic without having any prior knowledge of it. I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the room and comfort of the hotel. I would definitely stay there again if business finds me in the same area. Very good service and a nice restaurant right onsite.

Room Tip: Make sure to tell the front desk if you don't want to walk far for your room as this is a low fl...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cniemec926

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am very happy to see that your stay with us was pleasant. We hope to see you again should your travels take you to Mystic.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Staff very helpful. Rooms are very nice. One mile from Mystic Seaport. prices a little high but expected due to it's location. Other hotels nearby. I would stay there again but would also compare prices with the Holiday Inn nearby.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BusdriverPhil

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see that we were able to make your stay comfortable. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

bedroom clean and bed very comfortable with plenty of space and clean large towels. Decor a little tired.Staff very pleasant but breakfast disappointing because obviously prepared for early coach parties and not refreshed so lukewarm by 9a.m. We had to ask for milk and bowls.The Friendlys down the road is much better and gives discount to hotel guests.

Room Tip: Bedrooms on fourth floor are better as away from noise of coach parties leaving early.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gandrrobinson

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see that we were able to meet your expectations. We will be rennovating within the next year. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

This hotel would not still be open if it wasn’t for the staff; it’s the only positive thing.

The major issue is the cleanliness. At first, the room appears clean, but on a second look, I noticed several carpet stains, carpet unraveling at seams, large stains on chair and ottoman, mold in bathtub and on bottom of shower curtain. It is an insult that management thought this room was acceptable for guests. All these problems are easily fixed, stains on carpet/chair can be steamed, shower curtain washed. I used a washcloth with soap and water on the carpet stains and it looked better.

Being that this hotel is across the street from the aquarium, it attracts young children like ours. My children like to play on the floor; even though I put a blanket down, I still felt the floor was too dirty even w/ the blanket. The pool was no reprieve, not even in the water, the chlorine burned our eyes, and slippery green mold decorated the outside tile floor. My kids (who are five) normally love the water and after one splash in the hotel pool, they didn’t want to go back into the pool.

Although the bed was comfortable and the AC/Heat worked, it was loud. The noise was due to the shaking of the plastic outer covering. I was able to reduce the rattling by pushing chair and ottoman against ac/heating unit. After I solved this problem, somewhere outside of our room an alarm started randomly going off. No sleep for us...

The dinner at the restaurant was awful. My meal was a piece of fish covered in a whole container of yellow mustard, discussing but the service was wonderful.

Although Jeff Plonsky, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responds to reviewers by saying “I want to let you know that we are planning a renovation fairly soon.” Many of the above issues can be easily fixed this just basic up keep.
I will not return and nor will I recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank s r

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I apologize for not delivering the expectations that you and I expect during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you have taken the time to relay information to us. Your feedback is important to us and I will be sure to bring this up to our managment team in our weekly meeting.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

attentive and courteous staff. rooms were clean and the hotel is conveniently located to area attractions and resturants.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am happy to see that you had a clean and convenient experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed at this Hilton on an annual trip to Mystic and Mohegan Sun with my best friend. It's a really nice hotel on the surface, but once you get inside (literally & figuratively), you start to notice kinks and oddities. We arrived @ 1pm and were told our room wasn't ready yet. Ok fine, check in is at 3pm. I just haven't encountered that actually happening with a hotel in years. They took my cell phone number and told me they would call me when the room was ready. After a horrible lunch at The Boathouse right up the road and a shopping trip in the Mystic Village, they called @ 2:45. Great, we finished shopping and checked in @ 4. I requested a low floor room when I made the reservation and when I double checked that it was noted, the girl at the front desk started laughing because I stated I was claustrophobic and do not take elevators. Strike number 1-I'm a paying guest at your hotel, it is highly inappropriate to laugh at my phobia. We were given a room on the 2nd floor because the 1st floor only had King beds and we needed 2 beds. The stairs were right next to the elevator-a plus in my book. The layout of the lobby is weird and we later learned, the entire layout of the hotel is just weird. It was a good 5 minute walk to the room from the front desk to the 2nd floor as we were on the back of the hotel.

The room was set up like a normal hotel room, except the tile at the entrance made it feel like a beach hotel. The bathroom was small, no micro or fridge (something I'm going to have to begin triple checking when making reservations from now on), the provided toiletries were excellent but the tea/coffee maker was horrible. We were given 2 bags each of English Breakfast tea and some other random kind but I found the housekeeper in the hallway and asked for 2 different flavors. My friend and I brewed a cup each of Cherry Apple and Chamomille that both tasted like wood. Strike two. The windows were able to be opened which is always a good thing for fresh air and the thermostat was easily adjusted. The television was nice, good selection of channels. We didn't hear much noise from the hallway or other rooms once in the room, but oddly heard it all from the bathroom.

Their lounges and restaurants never appeared open and while we went to Mohegan Sun for the evening and returned late, we noticed they were never open in the morning, afternoon, or late night. They offered room service, but it never seemed as if it was really operating. The thing about this hotel is that due to its location, they can get away with charging the prices it does. Because honestly, it was not worth the almost $300 we paid per night for it. Easy on, easy off I-95 and directly across from the aquarium and the olde mystic village, this Hilton gets away with high price and little or subpar service. The parking lot is being renovated to allow for more cars, I'm assuming but the lot did get full at night. There really is no luxury attached to this hotel, it's in name-only and again, location, location, location.

The morning of check out, my best friend realized she forgot her toothbrush so at 10:45, she called down to the front desk to ask if they could bring one up. At 11:15, when we still had not received it, I called back and the woman said-oh I'm sorry, it's my fault, I forgot to write the room number down. Really? So after another 10 minute wait, someone finally came to bring the toothbrush. On a positive note, the beds and pillows were really comfortable. Would I stay here again? Probably not...even though it's not as convenient as the Hilton, I'd rather pay the same amount of money and stay at the Marriott with a Red Door spa on site and restaurants that are OPEN or even the Hyatt Place Uncasville, as that's 5 min away from Mohegan.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I apologize for not delivering the expectations that you and I expect during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you have taken the time to relay information to us. Your feedback is important to us and I will be sure to bring these concerns up to our managment team in our weekly meeting.