“Mystic Hilton”
Review of Hilton Mystic

Hilton Mystic
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed September 16, 2011

My sister and I stayed here overnight for a brief visit to the area.

The rooms were very clean, nicely decorated. There were a couple minor cosmetic flaws but nothing that would keep me from returning.

The beds were comfortable and the linens good quality and in good shape.

The location, right across from Olde Mistick Village and close to other Mystic attractions, is excellent. There are restaurants close enough to walk to, if you don't want to pay for room service. Starbucks is across the street. Many other options a short drive away.

The noise level is around average, nothing a pair of earplugs won't take care of. (I don't travel without 'em).

I didn't use the pool or the in-house restaurant. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I'll stay here again, if the price is right.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought of the Hilton Mystic. I am happy to see that you were pleased with your stay. I am glad you found our location to be convenient to your needs. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

where to begin...

the carpeting in the room was riddled with stains. not one or two mind you, but dozens, in all shapes, sizes and colors. very disgusting. both of the beds had between 10-15 hairs in them, both under the sheets and on the pillows. the bathroom shower curtain had black mold growing on it, and there was black mold on the shower tile grout as well. the promised free wifi did not work at all. upon calling the front desk the very polite girl explained that they were having "problems" with the internet connection. came VERY close to just checking out and staying at a different hotel

went to the front desk the next morning to check out and complain, but the desk manager was absolutely frantic as he was alone and was trying to manage a good half dozen complaints from somewhat angry people at the desk.

in all, i'd say this was one of the worst hotel experiences i've ever had.

3  Thank Indiana J

Thank you for taking the time provide us with feedback of our hotel. It is feedback such as yours that helps us in the continuous process of improvment. I want to assure you that I will bring the issues you addressed in your review to the attention of our management team in our weekly meeting. Thank you for your feedback, I apologize for the inconveniences you were caused.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

it was nice, nothing special or elegant, just a quality hotel

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought of our hotel. I am happy to see we were able to meet your expectaions. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

The hotel itself was fairly clean, the rugs in the hallway are worn badly so they clumped up uinder the luggage cart. The prices in the restaurant are extremely overpriced for the quality of food. The hours of the restaurant are also not really conducive to the needs of the people staying. The room I was in was very clean and the televisions was a newer style. But the cable local stations stink. The bathroom in my room had some small mold on the wall and in the shower corner. The people next door must have had food delivered to their room and put their trays and plates out in the hallway took the staff way to long to walk around and remove them. The gym was adequate for a small workoout but not enough equipment for any weight lifting at all. all the equipment in the gym worked very well. the only issue was they never had towels in the workout room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is feedback such as yours that allows us to provide the best possible service to our guests. I am happy to ingorm you that we will soon be rennovating the hotel. I want to assure you that I will bring up the issues you mentiond here to our managment team during our weekly meeting. We hope to see you again should you return to the area.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed here recently for one night. Upon arriving, noticed that the appearance lacked any landscaping upkeep. Very unkempt looking. Not a good beginning. Just don't understand why a major hotel would allow it to look so uninviting; grass overgrown, weeds growing everywhere, etc. Check in was professional. The room was large and clean, but in need of a renovation. Will only stay here again if it is renovated. The bright side was the very nice man at the entrance with maps and directions. What a gem!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is feedback such as yours that allows us to provide the best possible service to our guests. I am happy that you found our bellman to be helpful. I want to assure you that I will bring up the issues you mentiond to our managment team during our weekly meeting. We hope to see you again should you return to the area.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Mystic for three days on a work related trip. The check-in was quick and my room was big and clean. There were anlotnof channels on the tv and the AC, though noisy when itnfired up, worked well. My room was quiet and though far from the elevator (per my own request), it was not far from anything else.

I did not think then breakfast buffet was a good bargain so I ate at the Starbucks across the street.

Both the Foxwoods andnMohegan Sun casinos were within a 30 minute drive and downtowN Mystic was a couple of minutes away.

If I were coming back to the area, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank GoodFood88

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on our hotel. I am happy to see that you found our location to be convenient to your needs. We hope to see you again soon, if you return to the area.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Good size rooms needing a touch-up.
Ex casino hotel but with easy driving distance to Mystic.
Plenty local interest with restaurants and historic sites.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time provide us with feedback of our hotel. It is feedback such as yours that helps us in the continuous process of improvment. I want to let you know that we are planning a rennovation fairly soon. We are very excited about the rennovation and think that guests such as yourself will be pleased with the work we will be doing. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.