“Can't possibly be an actual Hilton?"”
Review of Hilton Mystic

Hilton Mystic
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Albany, New York
“Can't possibly be an actual Hilton?"”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Having stayed at many local hotels, the Hilton ranks pretty low on the value list for the area..The rooms lack many features found at the nearby Hilton Garden and Hampton despite the price premium. The place is more like an econo lodge than what I have seen at other Hilton properties.

Nothing wrong with the place - rest easy staying there if the other options are booked, but don't epect anything special and the service is NOT Hilton grade service. I was hassled over my HHonors at checkin, and after being told to print out my hhonors info in the business center, discovered there were no working printers - "Oh yeah, I forgot".

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time provide us with feedback of our hotel. It is feedback such as yours that helps us in the continuous process of improvment. I want to assure you that I will bring the issues you addressed to the attention of our management team in our weekly meeting. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Morgantown, WV
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Mystic Hilton during our New England vacation. We prefer Hiltons or Hamptons since they are typically pretty nice and clean. The Hilton Mystic was okay, but certainly had some rougher edges that I would not have expected from a Hilton. As others have commented, the carpet needs to be replaced. It's pretty worn - and in some of the corridors it wasn't flat - like it hadn't been properly installed. The Mystic Hilton isn't bad by any means, but new carpet would improve the hotel. It made the whole properly feel dated. Hotel is located near the Olde Mistic Village (an outdoor shopping area that is a pretty nice evening stroll) but not walkable from the Mystic Seaport. Also, there was a Starbuck's right across the street.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time provide us with feedback of our hotel. It is feedback such as yours that helps us in the continuous process of improvment. I want to assure you that I will bring these concerns to the attention of our management team in our weekly meeting. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.
maywood nj
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My wife & I had stayed here a few times before & were always pleased with the accommodations. We never had any complaints about the hotel before this visit.
We booked our room through PriceLine for the first time, since we were trying to save some money. Our carpet had a large, black greasy looking stain near the bed & several more smaller ones near the window. These stains were very obvious & needless to say, very unsightly. My wife wondered why management would rent a room with a carpet so stained.It bothered her so much that I put some shampoo on a washcloth & proceeded to work on removing the large stain. With very little effort, most of the stain came out! We were amazed that the cleaning staff didn't try this! We hope in the future that they would not rent a room in this condition. We also wondered if we got stuck with the worst room because we booked it on PriceLine.

Room Tip: Maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask for a clean carpet in your room!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time provide us with feedback of our hotel. It is feedback such as yours that helps us in the continuous process of improvment. I want to assure you that I will bring this to the attention of our management team in our weekly meeting. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.
Dunchideock, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Nothing special to say wow, but it is only a Hilton! Close enough to mystic to be handy for everything and with a Starbucks across the way for breakfast! Older hotel with noisy old fashioned aircon but clean, cheapish and good enough for one night.

• Stayed August 2011
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. You'll be glad to know that our hotel will be undergoing many renovations and changes over the course of the next year or so. We hope to see you again soon should you return to the area!

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We had two rooms for 3 adults and 2 kids. The rooms were spacious and clean, and the staff was more than accommodating in changing one of them that was too far from the elevator. The included breakfast (I have a Hilton gold card) was ample and good. The swimming pool was more than ample for our 2 little ones to have a grand time. And the hotel's location--across the street from the Aquarium--is perfect.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and the aquarium! We are always doing our best to go above and beyond our guests' expectations. We hope to see you again soon should you return to the area!

New Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed two nights at the Hilton Mystic and was quite impressed with the Hilton Mystic and its location so close to Olde Mystic Village and the Aquarium. Our room was very well appointed and clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room overlooked the courtyard which lead to the patio and pool area. Very nice and quiet. We were given two breakfast buffet vouchers for each day of our stay and the assortment of food was quite good and the food very nicely done. Wait staff was very accomodating and professional. Only downside was I requested a refrigerator for our room for medication. I was told I would get one but I never did. The next day when I asked about it I was informed that they were all taken.

Room Tip: Book room on-line for best rates but if you need any special accomodations such as a frig, be sure t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are always doing our best to go above and beyond our guests' expectations. We hope to see you again soon should you return to the area!

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for our 1 year anniversary weekend. Upon arrival, we were given vouchers for 2 free bars at the trendy hotel bar and 2 free clam chowders.
The hotel is across the street for both the aquarium and 60 shops in the Olde Village.
Hotel staff was extremely helpful - they let me charge my BlackBerry at the front desk since I'd forgotten my charger.
Surprisingly nice pool and gym on the ground level as well.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very happy to see that you had such a great time. We are always doing our best to go above and beyond our guests' expectations. We hope to see you again soon should you return to the area.