“better than most of these reviews would make you think”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Mystic

Hilton Mystic
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
westchester, ny
“better than most of these reviews would make you think”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

So many complaints! There are certainly some problems, like some worn and stained carpets, which is annoying because it is so easy to fix. But in general I found this hotel very well maintained and staffed. In fact, the staff was great, each and every person, on a busy weekend, and we threw every request parents with young kids can think of. I did not find this place noiser than other hotels of the same class. The pool was warm and clean and great for kids. The breakfast buffet was much better than I expected. The location cannot be beat. The only other regret I have was that their full service restaurant was not open all the time, and meals served at the bar were so-so. But we found excellent kid-friendly places all over downtown Mystic.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank suburbandad
saldridge076, Director of Sales at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. We will be reviewing your comments to pass along to our staff and look forward to your next stay with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

Stayed at Hilton Mystic with 2 young children and husband this past week. Rooms were dirty and unkept. Updates needed badly through out, including pool area. No microwave or fridge in room, made it very difficult with 2 little ones. Hotel was nearly empty during the week, yet room was not made up until after 2pm.... hard when it is nap time.
Best part the kids enjoyed eating at the Sounding Lounge in the hotel. Limited menu, but good food.
Close to a lot of places.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank brysid
saldridge076, Director of Sales at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay at our property. We value your comments and will ensure that we will be consistent based upon the needs of the hotel you addressed.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

We stayed at the red roof inn in New London one night for 45.99. Stayed at the hilton 2 nights for 169.99. Basically the same quality. Hotel ceiling in the room needs to be fixed. FREE Wireless internet didn't work when i called front desk about it she basically said oh well told me there was a number to call in the hotel directory for tech support which there wasn't... No fitted sheet on king bed only a sheet then another sheet, down comforter with no cover followed by another sheet. I found that to be really gross. When asked for a fitted sheet from housekeeping I was told they did not have any. Cobwebs in the window. Floor underneath sink in the bathroom was nasty and hadn't been cleaned. Tried to sleep in but between the sex heard through the paper thin walls and the very loud housekeepers in the hall using vulgar language there wasn't any way of sleeping in. First time staying at a hilton and will never pay the money to stay here when i can pay 45 to stay at a lower end hotel and receive better service! Casinos are a distance away. Went to have dinner at the moorings restaurant it was closed. Went to the bar area during what we saw was happy hour then when mentioned the man told us they no longer do happy hour was fine with that and he did give us half off app. When asked what time the restaurant opened we were told oh thats only for the summer and could order off a small menu there at bar. Very overpriced for the quality. Very unhappy with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
saldridge076, Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
We appreciate and value your comments regarding your recent stay. We will be discussing your recent stay at our weekly quality assurance meeting to ensure that we will be consistent to the overall satisfaction of our guests.
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

Was at the hotel with eleven ladies for one night. It worked out great. It was clean and comfortable. Front desk associates were very friendly and helpful. Nice little bar and lounge area where we had before dinner drinks. All of us commented on how comfortable the beds were. The linen sheets were wonderful. We all had a good night sleep. We didn't eat here so I can't rate the food. The location is really good. You can walk to the aquarium and the village. However, you can't really walk into town. When I made the reservations the associate told me it is a 10-15 minute walk to downtown. It is not. Even in nice weather it would be a long walk. We had to drive to the dinner restaurant and bakery the next morning. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank LivvyMark
saldridge076, Director of Sales at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay at our property. I will be letting the staff know about the wonderful experience we provided for you and your group. We hope to see you soon back at the Hilton Mystic in the near future.
ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

I have stayed here in the past, this time I stayed for two nights. The hotel was empty because it was on the off season. During this stay, I went to the village located right across the hotel and really enjoyed it. It is filled with small shops, a cafe, a couple of restaurants, movie theatre, laundry services, mangos pizza which was pretty good,etc etc etc. Very enjoyable even on the off season. There is also an aquarium in walking distance, as well as a starbucks. I stayed here to go to the casinos, but for those who are not gamblers or have small children, these attractions will keep you busy. The hotel itself has 4 floors, I did not have any issues with noise, it was empty on thursday, and packed on friday, still quiet on both nights. The hotel does have a gym, it is open 24 hours, an indoor pool that closes at 10pm. I had free breakfast coupons that I received for being a Hilton Honors member(sign up, its free and you earn rewards), but was never told breakfast ended at 9:30 am (weekdays) so I could not take advantage of it. A little information I think was important to know, it wasn't a big deal because there was a starbucks across the street. My husband ate at the hotel restaurant bar one night and absolutely loved the food, from a critical eater, I would recommend trying their bar/dinner food. Overall a decent stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
West Paterson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

From the moment I approached the Hotel Desk the staff made me and my family feel welcome. Check in was quick and smooth. The gentleman at the desk saw to it that our rooms were right next to each other as we needed 2 rooms to accomodate the seven of us who were visiting. The Hotel was absolutlely stunning and the experience was surreal. My grandchildren wowed the surrounding and everyone was very pleased. Upon entering the rooms, we found them to be roomy, beconing and absolutely clean. This was so important as I wanted to make this visit extra special for them and because the Hotel was 100%, it was a breeze. My hats off to the cleaning staff for maintaining an immaculate environment from the door. Not one dust bunny, no mold, nothing to complain about. Thank you Mystic Hilton for being so accomodating and friendly. We will definitely return and this time for a longer stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience you witnessed at our property. I will be letting our staff know of your fantastic guest experience. We hope to see you soon back at the Hilton Mystic in the near future.
Cromwell, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

This hotel is across the street from the Mystic Aquarium and close to other sites. The rooms are roomy and comfortable. Very quiet. Staff was ultra polite and efficiency.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comments regarding the staff's politness and the rooms exceeding your expectations. We hope to you see you back at our property in the near future.