“wow really good mexican food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Margaritas Mexican Restaurant

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 98 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
San Francisco
“wow really good mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I use to avoid Mexican food when I returned home to my roots in New England. This place had great margaritas, the chips were perfect -- just how I like them thinner, warm and salted just right, excellent salsa and guacamole. My carnitas street tacos were as good as they get. Would love to come back in summer and hang out on their patio, enjoy the view, soak up the sun and a couple of frozen margaritas!!

Visited March 2014
KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thanks for the great review and hope you can come back soon. If the weather starts cooperating, we hope to have our patio open by April 15th - so those margaritas in the sun are just around the corner!

Norwich, CT
“Glad we went!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Hadn't been in a while, but went because they sent a birthday coupon. I had the corn cakes with braised beef - delicious! I also had a lime in the coconut frozen margarita, which was also delicious. Our server said she was new, but she was great - friendly & attentive.

Visited March 2014
KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We're glad you went too! Thanks for the review and happy birthday!
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Margaritas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

First, I loved the atmosphere! From the cute Mexican furnishings to the blue lights around the bar. I had the lime margarita and it didn't disappoint me, not sweet like a lot of them, I had to order a 2nd one! I ordered a chimichanga and loved every bite. The view from the tables by the window was really nice. I would love it if a Tio Juan would open in the Chicago NW burbs near me, it would be a huge hit!

Visited February 2014
KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thanks for the review and glad you enjoyed yourself. Maybe we will be in Chicago someday, but come back next time you are in New England!
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We came here for my brother's birthday. We had to wait upstairs in the bar for atleast 15 minutes before someone acknowledged us and cleared the table we were going to be sitting at.
The waitress comes over takes our order.. we had to wait about 45 minutes for our order which didn't come all at once. And now for being someone who works in the culinary industry you know it's bad service if the food all come out at different times because now the customer has to wait untill ALL the food is at the table before anyone starts eating. Common curtesy.
My order came out wrong, I asked for extra avacado sauce on the side and the tacos of the sea were very disappointing. No flavor and very poor presentation. The menu stated a 4 pepper salsa and an orange cabbage slaw which had none of the above on the taco. The 'orange' slaw was just merely green cabbage. No seasonings. Wrongfull Menu representation.
We asked for more chips and salsa; only chips came. We asked for more beer; she got us all the wrong one.
The waiter was not attentive nor did she come and check on us periodically.
Coming here since I was younger I would say the quality of service has gone down and the food quality as well. It seems the kitchen does not have the motivation nor the initiative to better the quality of the food nor the speed.
Very disappointed. ..

Milan, Italy
“best mexican food and bar in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is my favorite mexican restaurant and bar.I have been there many times.
They have wonderful fajitas,burritos,quesadillas and other stuff.
Frozen margaritas are awesome too!!
I would definitely go to eat there again

• Visited August 2013